5 Favorite Haute Couture Collections

ParadEyes

Spring of Córdoba
Reaction score
we already have a thread dedicated to our 10 favourite collections of the past 10 years..
but this thread will be only about your favourite haute couture shows.
what are yours ? :flower:

S/S 03 Dior Couture
F/W 02.03 Gaultier Paris
F/W 03.04 Chanel Couture
S/S 06 Chanel Couture
S/S 07 Dior Couture

:flower:

1 - Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 07
00260m.jpg

2 - Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 07.08
31m.jpg

3 - Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 07
00230m.jpg

4 - Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 06
00110m.jpg

5 - Chanel Haute Couture F/W 06.07
00170m.jpg

style.com

*Please do not quote images. Thank you.

1 - Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 07

2 - Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 07.08

3 -Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 07

4 -Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 06

5 -Chanel Haute Couture F/W 06.07

style.com

NOT IN THAT ORDER, BUT THEY'RE THE EXACT SAME COLLECTIONS I WAS THINKING ABOUT!:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh...in this order.

1. Chanel spring 2006
2. Dior spring 1998
3. Chanel fall 2006
4. Chanel fall 2007
5. Chanel spring 2007

How predictable...

Christian Dior Haute Couture A/W 1999/2000
cdiorhcwi7.jpg

stelladiorjx3.jpg

cardiormt2.jpg

Christian Dior Haute Couture A/W 1997/1998
cd97981yh8.jpg

shalomdiorvr8.jpg

naomidiorpp6.jpg

stelladiorzh4.jpg

Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2007
diorhcmw5.jpg

alxdiordi7.jpg

ekaterinaxt5.jpg

shalommdiorif9.jpg

I am cheating, I know its not 'couture' but McQueen AW 1998, for the intensity
mcqueen98dk0.jpg

mcqueen981ru5.jpg

mcqueen982gx6.jpg

corbis+style.com

SOOOOOO hard.

In no order.

Chanel Haute Couture Fall/ Winter 2006
00430m.jpg

Givenchy Haute Couture Spring/ Summer 2007
00240m.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring/ Summer 2007
00010m.jpg

Christian Lacroix Haute Couture Spring/ Summer 2006
00210m.jpg

Christian Dior Haute Couture Spring/ Summer 2005
00240f.jpg

Basically, I pulled 5 collections out of a hat...because I really have so many more than 5....(Lacroix HC FW 02, 06, 07, SS 02, 07 JPG HC FW 05, 06, 07, SS 06, SS 08, Dior HC FW 02, 03, 04, 05, SS 03, SS 06, Givenchy HC FW 06, 07, Chanel HC SS 05, 06, 07, FW 05)...you get the idea...

Basically, every couture season brings at least one new favorite collection...and that is NOT an exaggeration. The couture designers working today are really that talented that not a single season goes by without a new favorite added to my mental library! (And I'm VERY sad that Alessandra F is working in couture anymore because she had such a wonderful HC debut and I knew only bigger and better things would come out of Valentino Couture with Alessandra....)

(style)

I loved the Gaultier S/S 07 collection!

Dior Couture S/S 07 as well. The A/W 97-98 show is amazing! My jaw dropped!

Wow great thread! ^_^:heart:

I'm one of the few that isn't that impressed with Galliano's Dior Couture. Sure, its spectacular and exciting - but it's too theatrical and costume-like for me. His costumes are art forms, there is no doubt, but his references are too obvious for me. Amazons, Marie Antoinette, Geisha's. It gets a little pretentious after a while.

I prefer the beautiful gothic melancholy of Tisci for Givenchy or the sharpness of Lagerfel's Chanel.

I guess I like Haute Couture to be elaborate but straightforward.

These are my favourite HC collections in order

1. Givenchy HC Spring 2007

2. Valentino HC Fall 2008

1zf2xc8.jpg

catwalking

3. Givenchy Fall 2007
30cswsp.jpg

style.com

4. Givenchy HC Fall 2006
2j5ci93.jpg

style.com

5. Givenchy HC Spring 2006
2urrr4y.jpg

givenchy.com

chanel 06fw,05ss

jpg 07ss

dior 97fw,98ss or fw?..sorry i can't think of it now...just opera collection or sth..:doh:

i love hc even better that the prêt-a-porter shows, so here are my absolute favourites:

5. Jean Paul Gaultier SS 07 - The Icon Collection
00340m.jpg

such a beautiful collection, the colours, so soft, and how carefully he treated the kitsch surrounding religious art. it was magic. The Stam never looked better on a runway

4. Christian Lacroix SS 08 - An Angel Passing By
00270m.jpg

i always loved how monsieur lacroix masters colour. he mixes blues and greens and reds and pinks and gets away with it like no other. this is such an optimist collection :heart::heart:

3. Valentino FW 07 - Anniversary HC
00560m.jpg

i know, Valentino is not a popular name around here, but i love this collection. it's down to earth hc at its best. and it's a million times better than elie saab. i wish he would retire...:heart::heart:

2. Christian Dior FW 07 - Anniversary Collection
47m.jpg

i've watched this show over and over again, and i had a hard time picking my favourite look, but i have to go for Doutzen's Marie-Antoinette-gown, because it shows how well researched this collection is, besides being utterly beautiful: the chain detail on Doutzen's bodice is a sketch of the famous necklace from MA's necklace affair.

1. Chanel SS 08 - The Shell Collection
00340m.jpg

ah, what an amazing collection, starting with the hairdo - karl wanted 'modern shell' - down to the ballerina flats. utterly elegant, clever, just karl. this dress an coco rocha, it surely deserves first place!

all pics style.com

#1 Christian Dior S/S 2000 - It's probably my first memory of haute couture, as well as my first memory of a scandal in fashion. I remember hearing about how controversial it was at the time, and that kind of drew me in. There's this strange dichotomy about it. On the one hand, it's a couture collection so you know that these clothes were labor intensive, perfectly done and insanely expensive as a result. But on the other hand they're made to look like the exact opposite of that, like they were pieced together haphazardly from scraps, like they didn't cost a thing because the pieces were dug out of the trash, like they're not about being beautiful at all. It's haute couture, but at the same time it's anti-haute couture. There's so much to this collection, beyond the surface and the scandal. It makes you think.

0000361697-019.jpg

0000361699-006.jpg
UT0015374.jpg

The rest aren't in any particular order, because I honestly can't think of how to rank them.

Chanel S/S 2001 - One of Karl's best HC collections (as far as I can remember anyway). The concept was so simple it's practically boring; blouses tucked into skirts. But the way he stretched that to make this easy, flirty, sexy, playfully glamorous collection was just amazing. It wasn't over-embellished, over-styled or overly reverential in it's Chanelisms. All of those elements were at just the right pitch.

0000375744-001.jpg

Christian Dior F/W 1997 - I had a bit of trouble choosing between this and Galliano's debut HC collection for s/s 97. Ultimately this won because it's the more cohesive collection of the two. All of the elements; Mata Hari, maharajahs, Art Nouveau, Toulouse Lautrec, Gustav Klimt, Edwardian tightlacing....it all worked together so perfectly to create an insanely beautiful and seductive collection.

42-15445357.jpg

Christian Dior S/S 2001
- One of the most brash, fun, energetic couture collections I can think of. It has a rawness to it that I've always responded to. And the story that the collection tells, the evolution from frustrated post-war secretary to post-apocolyptic Amazon seen through the eyes of a comic strip is such an unexpected route for a couture collection to take that I can't help but love it. Besides that, the clothes are stunning.

diorss2001.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier F/W 2002 - definitely Gaultier's best HC collection, at least in my opinion. It was such an amazing blend of rigor and restraint with all out decadence and eroticism. The way he used mens clothing and military uniforms to make a woman look feminine and seductive was absolutely brilliant. Not to mention that the details are mindblowing.

jpgfw2002.jpg

corbis & fashionwindows.com

I think every Dior HC show have efficiently given me chills at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->