Who Is Your Favorite Haute Couture Designer

Karl Lagerfeld, obviously! I don't want to sound like some crazy fan of his, because I do admit he has weaknesses, but I think that he is incredibly talented. Even with his old age, he's still releveant, always bringing something new to the table.

But even more importantly, Lagerfeld's couture is wearable and innovative. He doesn't dress models in period costume every season. He takes a part of the body to accentuate, and makes the woman more beautiful.

Karl Lagerfeld's couture is just too beautiful, yes I do say things like, "oh, its always the same..." "whats new?", but then I could never deny the beauty of his creations. And the recent Rock and Roll feel on his designs only adds more.

Versace Atelier, Elie Saab and Dior. Valentino kinda.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Valentino
2. Elie Saab
3. Armani Prive

I don't care that the clothes are generally "just pretty." I have no problems with just pretty when it's done exceptionally well. :P

Even though he's not working anymore (I just read he's even in hospital now), I think Yves Saint Laurent is still my favourite of all time.

At the moment, the haute couture-week hasn't got much to offer me, personally. But I (for some reason) am always curious about how fabulous Chanel is gonna be....

i cant belive im the only one who is in love with armani prive this season....

John Galliano for Dior. His FW04 HC made me love fashion.
How cool! Me too! That was the first show I ever saw and I've been hooked ever since!

My favorite Couture designers are

Galliano for Dior (of course)
Gaultier (especially his last couple of seasons, FW 07:blush:, SS 07:rolleyes:)
Lacroix (his whole aesthetic is SO appealing to me. The opulence, the colors, the quirkiness, the elegance, humor, he's just so talented.)
Chanel (Only occasionally, though. HC FW 06 is enough to make me love Chanel couture forever!:rolleyes:)

How could I have forgotten Tisci for Givenchy!!!!

One of my absolute favorite collections of all time is Givenchy HC SS 07.

Armani prive was AMAAZZINGG!!! Don't sleep on it. many of the pieces are still wearable! i loved almost every piece.
00550m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->