9 weeks till wedding... best body moisturiser??

Reaction score
Right, I've 9 weeks to go till my wedding... and I'm willing to splash out on a top-notch body moisturiser so that I'm positively glowing on my big day, particularly my arms/back/chest etc.

Anyone got any recommendations??

I'm pale and like to stay that way, so nothing with a tanner in it!

:flower:

I like the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. Nice subtle sheen, never greasy, smells divine! I also like the Biotherm body milk (the citrus one) - it gives a really good sheen, a bit more than the Nuxe oil.

The only two lotions I really love aren't that pricey--Kiehls Creme de Corps and Eucerin Calming Cream. I actually think the Eucerin one is more moisturizing.

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil is wonderful . . . doesn't rub off on clothes or anything, just have your fiance massage it onto your back if you can't reach :wink: gives a lovely glow but not orange at all - I'm pale too, and it just makes you look radiant. I get compliments whenever I use it on my arms/legs/collarbone area.

Perhaps something with AHAs in it? Smooth and glowing skin guaranteed! :wink:
Top level - La Prairie's Cellular Body Emulsion.
Or just save yourself $100 and get AmLactin, Lac-Hydrin (both are similar to Peter Thomas Roth 12% AHA Body Lotion, all have ~12% lactic acid), NeoStrata Skin Smoothing Lotion (or something else from Neostrata body products). Also Paula's Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion is an option, has glycolic acid instead of lactic, it will smooth skin more than the lactic acid versions, but lactic makes skin more glowing and hydrated.
I'd get AmLactin and Paula's Choice ones and use them on alternate days, get benefits from both. :flower:

Also worth looking into this: http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/dry_brushing_technique.htm

Well my favourite body moisturiser of all times is dr. Hauschka rose body lotion. But maybe it is too fragrant if you plan on wearing your parfume..

Thanks guys I'll check all those out! I'm in the UK so I think some of those might be hard to get here...

Acutally most of these brands are available in the UK - maybe not Neostrata and Paula's Choice, but the rest def. is

popped into boots today and got some Eucerin, only one they had... looked good for elbows and knees!

will check out the links above, thanks everyone :flower:

thefunkykitten, let us know how it goes! my wedding is about 11 weeks away now so i'd like to know, too. :D

I've just ordered Paula's Choice weightless body treatment! Will report back! I'm hoping it will also help get rid of the marks on my shoulders from my bra straps (not wearing wrong size, i'm just rather busty and years have taken their toll! :( )

congrats ellesea! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->