A.f. Vandevorst A/ W 2004 Paris

overall-i didn't care for any of the prints or all of the medallions, but i'm living for a couple of looks

here's one :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 12:23 am
does this look familiar--echoes of olivier theyskens from a couple seasons back
it has been done first by CDG, then by Gaultier, then by Theyskens.. its nothing new but everyone is doing this in a different way

(i dont really like this kind of trompe l'oeil )

and here's the other...

i find that they always have one or two incredibly strong looks and the rest is more experimental...sometimes goo, sometimes not so good...but i'm always looking for what they will come up with next...plus i love that stitched red cross logo:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 4:24 pm
echoes of ann demeulemeester...she did this collar thing, but better...damn, i wish i had bought that thing!
<whisper>ebay</whisper>

Wonderful! beauitful collection, i lvoe the mix of ballerina and naval officer, btu its a bit, hmm doen befor, btu done befor nicely

Good shoes! :heart:

Originally posted by faust+Mar 3rd, 2004 - 4:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 3rd, 2004 - 4:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 4:24 pm
echoes of ann demeulemeester...she did this collar thing, but better...damn, i wish i had bought that thing!
<whisper>ebay</whisper> [/b][/quote]
thanks for the tip...now i can stay up all night looking for it :lol:

Alot of this has been done before but its been done before in their own collections as well. I think they're kind of bringing elements together from previous collections just in different variations. The prints and the texture is perhaps the newest thing about it as they are known for their starkness :ninja:

Frankly,I could care less if any of it has been done before...at least its reinterpreted in their own way and not blatant copies. Besides,so many others are doing that very thing yet everyone praises them(not mentioning names) :P

by suzy menkes of IHT :flower:

Nothing expresses more clearly the turnaround in avant-garde thinking than the transformation of Filip and An Vandevorst's look from casual and sporty to diplomatic elegance and pride. Out of gleaming cars swishing to the door, stepped models in skyscraper chignons with noble bearing, but not too much attitude. First out was an impeccable cape sleeved, brass buttoned coat, a foretaste of a military theme that stretched from sleeve stripes, through scarlet zippers like dictator's decorations to appliquιs of miniature khaki uniforms on dress fronts. The design duo have a firm Belgian way with tailoring, but they softened it with lacquered lace and bows tied round shoes or boots. The effect was mildly subversive, surprisingly simple - but beautiful.

adorable lace inspired print :heart:

afvandevorst_4.jpg

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 10:04 am
This show doesn't have too much continuity. They've brought in a little too much here, I think. The boots, the chains, the medallions, the colors, the military cut. It's just a bit of an overload. Also, this military trend needs to stay in hibernation for a couple more years. I'm not happy to see it back.

exactly what I thought...

why you could fit three of those models in one of those outfits!

is this a before and after weight loss runway show, where the "weight losers" forgot to buy NEW clothes?

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Mar 10th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
why you could fit three of those models in one of those outfits!

is this a before and after weight loss runway show, where the "weight losers" forgot to buy NEW clothes?
:lol: i think its a matter of line and yes.. regarding 'bureaux de style' clothes seems to be getting a 'more relaxed feeling' (see Chloe, one of the top selling collections of the season, regading to big time buyers :P )

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 1:52 am
adorable lace inspired print :heart:

afvandevorst_4.jpg
i lvoe thous looks, and the lace print is amazing :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"