A Magazine #10 : curated by Giambattista Valli

Pedro

Reaction score

A MAGAZINE curated by Giambattista Valli: It is our pleasure to announce that A#10 will be curated by the Paris-based Italian womenswear designer Giambattista Valli. Giambattista proposes his issue as an essay on the topic "what is beauty?", with contributions that include the work of Louise Bourgeois, Nan Goldin, Chiara Clemente, Lucio Fontana, David Hicks, Richard Avedon, the late Corinne Day and many other contemporary artists, photographers and influential style icons.

Source : papercutshop.se

Lovely cover. I think it's my favorite since Yohji's. :heart:
Too bad it's curated by Valli though.

Thank you, Pedro!

You're welcome!
Maybe I'm dreaming but is it River Phoenix (by Bruce Weber) on the cover?

Giambattista proposes his issue as an essay on the topic “what is beauty?“, with contributions that currently include the work of Louise Bourgeois, Nan Goldin, Chiara Clemente, Lucio Fontana, David Hicks, Richard Avedon, the late Corinne Day and many other contemporary artists, photographers and influential style icons.
The magazine will be released internationally in print and on iPad in November 2010, launching in Paris in conjunction with Giambattista’s flagship store opening in late November.
We will release a digital preview of the issue on the 10th of October 2010 (10.10.2010), with exclusive behind-the-scenes images from the ‘making-of’ the issue.
The images below are our very first look at the issue, with scrapbook ‘inspiration images’ compiled by Giambattista in his Paris studio last week.
1441tm0.jpg

4jutki.jpg

2jax6c0.jpg

Previews
A#10′s art director Madeleine Wermenbol captured this series of snapshots at Die Keure
printer in Belgium, to document the printing process of our next issue, A MAGAZINE curated by Giambattista Valli. We invite you to witness the first glimpses of the magazine, with contributions by Roxanne Lowit, Robert Mapplethorpe & Lucio Fontana.
A MAGAZINE curated by Giambattista Valli hits stores at the end of November 2010.

2ugfcdz.jpg

hs5mp4.jpg

A stolen glance at a self-portrait by the Russian model Sasha Pivovarova, exclusively for A#10.
From the personal collection of Giambattista Valli.

eq2dt0.jpg

[ablogcuratedby.com]

That is a great cover. It's fresh and edgy but still warm and inviting without being pretentious.

I'm sooo gonna get this one, A by Valli sounds great!

^ I totally agree with you.
Such a beautiful, yet peculiar cover.

About time! Definitely worth the wait, even though Valli is a unconventional choice I'm sure its still good since its A magazine :heart:

the cover of “A MAGAZINE curated by Giambattista Valli” featuring a poignant, candid image of a young River Phoenix captured at his home in Gainesville, Florida by US photographer Michael Tighe in the summer of 1989.

Michael has been shooting intimate celebrity portraits for over 30 years, beginning his career with Andy Warhol’s Interview Magazine in the mid 1970s.

A#10 launches in Paris on Friday evening, hitting newsstands & gallery bookshops this week.

michaeltighephotography.com
from ablogcuratedby.com

that's a great cover.
so getting this.

* second cover archive i saw in a day. what's up ?

it's still a gorgeous cover.
even M/M (like in the graphist duo) couldn't do better.

finally got it !!

great issue. feel very close to the images exhibition by François Sagat and to this issue as well.
lots of archives pictures. and like the idea of duo "exhibition". that's an interesting exhibition typo in this magazine. sometimes easy. sometimes not.

i really wish A MAGAZINE makes a big retrospective ...
did they do that already ?

names of the "contributors" - that haven't been credited, yet :
Erik Madigan Heck (with various campains shot with GV as art director : Moncler, Ungaro etc.)
Hélène Biguet (in duo with C.DAY)
Georges Platt Lynes & Aaron Siskind
Nick Knight (with Richard Avedon)
Jack Pierson & François Halard
Peter Schlesinger (with Nan Goldin, and Horst P. Horst)

that's over the top, OMG. wish I can get mine before 2011 coming:(

ok, I shouldn't say that I want it before this year ends, now it really becomes my New Year present.:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raypinot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->