A Retrospective: Gianni Versace (1946-1997)

AlbI_MH

Reaction score
I want to pay homage to Gianni Versace. He died 8 years ago (july, 15th, 1997). He was a dear friend and his genius was unique. He will never be duplicated.

Hey sweetie... a beautiful idea :flower:

how was that shopping spree ^_^ speak soon my bub xoxox

IMHO, this sums up what Versace was all about. Simply beautiful:heart:

Attachments

• versace1.jpg
    versace1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 100
very genius. the originator of the sexy italian vixen look remember it on Linda and Naomi! Theres this book i was lookin at recently a collabo btn Versdace and some legendary photographer cant remember his name

beautiful idea, Gianni was the first designer i´ve ever meet and started following ten years ago, he opened me the doors of the fashion world through an advertisign campaign for atelier with amber, shalom and trish.

everyone should post their favorite versace outfit for this tribute

everyone should post their favorite versace outfit for this tribute

When I think of Versace, I always think of supermodels, sex and high-voltage glamour. Those were the days... :heart:

i wanted to do that, but on first view all of his collections aren´t availble now

Urban Stylin said:
very genius. the originator of the sexy italian vixen look remember it on Linda and Naomi! Theres this book i was lookin at recently a collabo btn Versdace and some legendary photographer cant remember his name

Richard Avedon perhaps, he made a lot of campains for Versace. The men ads were made mostly, as I remember by Bruce Weber.

Urban Stylin said:

are you talkin about "south beach stories" photographed by Bruce Weber for Gianni Versace in 1993?

Gianni was at his best in the late 70s -early 80s , before he went overboard for GLITZ :yuk: , in competition with Armani's strict minimalism . :P

Ay Genny , Byblos , Callaghan , etc , before he started his own line proper , he had a new essence of colour , cut and flair that began the entry of Italy into the lead in RTW ( after it had been started by Walter Albini , another Italian genius ) , taking over from the French , who up till then held sway .

A REAL tribute to him for those BEAUTIFUL BUTTER SOFT LEATHERS that he did for RUFFO when he started out . Collectors items now , I should imagine . :heart:

2 days ago i went to the versace store, and the salesgirl said me that the day before (15 july) were held a religious mass in milan for his 'anniversary'.
donatella does it every single year.
poor woman, only she knows how she suffered, i wish her all the best

she did it every single month, the 15th, at San Paolo Cathedral in Via Manzoni...right now i don't know if she does it ones a month or every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->