1950-1994 Franco Moschino

ca. 1980s wool strapless minidress made from a mens blazer

9u9opk.jpg

leslie hindman auctioneers

Last edited by a moderator:
1990 "stop the fashion system!" blazer

with a notched collar, single breasted with two self covered buttons, the back reads in black embroidery: STOP THE FASHION SYSTEM! Labeled: Moschino Couture! Made in Italy.

sgpl3p.jpg

"STOP THE FASHION SYSTEM!" t-shirt with gold embroidery

dyudlu.gif

1990 "V.I.P." blouse

iqlcvd.gif

1990 "suit with mini suits"

with skirt suit appliques on jacket and skirt, cropped jacket with a jeweled neckline, rhinestone and faux pearl buttons, fully lined. Skirt in a pencil fit, fully lined. All labeled: Moschino Couture!

w7mvli.jpg

1989 gold sequin "peace" dress

from the "peace and pearls" collection, with gold sequins in the shape of a peace sign at the back continuing to the front to look like a halter dress, black wrap style with deep V neckline, slightly pleated at front tie, self tie. Labeled: Moschino Couture!

1py05y.jpg

1990 "suit with mini suits"

with skirt suit appliques on jacket and skirt, cropped jacket with a jeweled neckline, rhinestone and faux pearl buttons, fully lined. Skirt in a pencil fit, fully lined. All labeled: Moschino Couture! ]

:lol: I love the miniature suits on a suit, the jacket and skirt pockets are hilarious! Thanks, Alejandro! B) Were all these treasures from the same source? Oh, and the peace dress ^. Superb.

thanks ale for the pics.

i had no idea what the work of the house initially consisted of, and i must say im really pleasantly surprised!! so humorous, some of it reminds me of schiaparelli, and the mens blazer minidress is great!! like margiela, but before. i had no clue!

We must be able to find more of his work... these are so incredible. I'm off and running!

Franco Moschino was born near Milan, Italy. After studying at the fine arts academy in milan, Franco Moschino worked as an illustrator until he launched his own moschino label in 1983. The opening of the first boutique, on Via Sant'Andrea in Milan, provides him with yet another formidable communications medium. it's a squarish, deep space, like a room - a stage for episodic performances, a place from which to broadcast messages, moods, opinions. ethical advertising and aesthetic provocation, trend-busting ideas and messages, in constant conflict with the fashion system. a space that has the qualities of a mirror of the times.

'I think fashion is something you can laugh about forever,' he once said. 'but in the end, it's the most difficult thing to laugh at because people take it so seriously.' Moschino was charismatic, imaginative, and irreverent. When interpreted in Moschino's unique way, even holidays like Christmas and Easter can offer an excellent pretext for humorous disgressions. 'I'm interested in the social, psychological, geographical and spiritual implications of our way of appearing. clothes should be screens on which we can project our spirit. We all need love, tenderness, simple things. the smallest, stupidest fabric dolls offer us the intimate sensation of existing.' Moschino said.

' I reject a system that doesn't move, I stay away from this business that exploits human imbecility. too much salt, too much colesterol, the blood no longer circulates... a real case of arteriosclerosis'.

He loved dadaism, the graphic decoration of fornasetti, the concept art of piero manzoni, the pop culture, of the kind which from Kienholz to Warhol sheds light on the seductive-decadent power of mass products, putting the accent on the appeal of the container and the lackof content in mass-media culture. 'What I have loved and still love about pop is its schizophrenia and distortion, its three-dimensionality and sensorial confusion... am I a bit pop? I won't deny it.' Moschino said.

in 1994, moschino died leaving his name to a completely new interpretation of fashion that incorporates his originality, sense of humor and provocativeness. Until today a part of the moschino profits is devoted to a non-profit organisation founded by Franco Moschino. This organisation uses its assets to support various charity projects.

Stop the Fashion System, February, 1990

m2.jpg
m3.jpg

Ceci n'est pas une boutique, May 1989

m4.jpg

Saldi (Sale), January, 1990

m5.jpg

Love nature and nature loves you, November 1993

m6.jpg

Natale (Christmas), December, 1992

m7.jpg

designboom.com

im curious to know, whose teddy bear coat came first, jean charles castelbajac or francos?

thanks somethingelse for the pics

I find both of them in 1988. Here is a little article in style.com about Jean-Charles de Castelbajac's bear coat. And here is another style.com article about the Moschino coat with the bear collar.

Attachments

• 128a.jpg
    128a.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 128b.jpg
    128b.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 128c.jpg
    128c.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 128d.jpg
    128d.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 3
  • 128g.jpg
    128g.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 128h.jpg
    128h.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 128f.jpg
    128f.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 128e.jpg
    128e.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
Moschino More Chickens Than Eagles Vest
Italian, 1989
Celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall, brown leather ground, applique on back of red circle with embroidered peace symbol and green label embroidered with words Peace, Love and More Chickens Than Eagles
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 446521.jpg
    446521.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8
Moschino Black and White Biker Jacket
Italian, 1988/89
Predominantly black ground, wide white notched collar, oblique zipper closure and zipper slash pockets, flap change pocket, white piping, the back an applique of faux Olive Oil in black on white ground with Cheap and Chic embroidered lasso style script above, collar piped in black, black lining with faux Olive Oil and Cheap and Chic in creme
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 446539.jpg
    446539.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 10
Moschino Peace & Pearls Suit
Italian, 1989
Black crepe, the box jacket back with seven inch diameter peace sign in faux pearls surrounded by the slogan Peace & Pearls embroidered in metallic gold thread, round neckline, set in sleeves, flap faux pockets and faux pearl and gilt-metal decorative buttons at either side front, shoulder pads, short fitted skirt, creme shell, labeled: Moschino Couture!/Made in Italy.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 437532.jpg
    437532.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
Moschino Art is Love Leather Jacket
Italian, 1990
Black ground with applique Art is Love on back in red, green and metallic gold leather, applique patent leather red heart on front within metallic gold frame, set in long sleeves with armband applique, red patent band collar, zipper center front closure, manufactured by Mandelli, no label.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 437539.jpg
    437539.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 6
Moschino Urban Chic Camouflage Ensemble
Italian, 1993/94
Green, khaki and olive, comprising a jacket trimmed with floral braid, four patch pockets at chest and hip, irregular heart-shaped Murano glass buttons either side front, round neckline, set in long sleeve, heart print olive lining, a sarong meets bravehearts skirt with leather strap and buckle closures, and low round necked bustier, brown braid lacing center front, labeled: Moschino Couture!.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 437541.jpg
    437541.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 9
Same coat in post #9

Moschino Khaki Carry On Garment Bag Coat
Italian, 1989
Referencing a parka, the back with gilt-metal hanger hook on large tab at neck, self handle at banded low waistline extending to optional shoulder strap, velcro patch pockets, zipper closures at optional hood within roll collar, large patch pockets at chest and hip, and center front, black band hem with studs, set in sleeve with inner black knit cuff, labeled: Moschino Couture!.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 437543.jpg
    437543.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
Moschino Embroidered Birthday Cake Jacket
Italian, 1993
A confection celebrating ten years with his own label, the back pale blue sequin ground with ornate embroidered and applique tier cake, couched X on top, the sleeve with multiple gilt-metal Xs embroidered on peach and creme stripe crepe, the front of chocolate brown crepe with "Antica Pasticceria/Moschino/fondata nel 1983/Milano" and "Specialinzata in Ricervimenti Rinfreschi/Qualita e ottimo servizio" embroidered in metallic gold script either side, the whole trimmed with white chiffon and broderie anglaise ruffle, gilt-metal spherical buttons, size 6, labeled: Moschino Couture/Repetita Juvant.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 446494.jpg
    446494.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back