A salary in fashion $$$ ?

maskedmannequin said:
Is it just me though...or am I the only one that's completely not in it for the money. I can't see myself doing any other job, and as long as I can live off the wage/however much my company brings in then I'm happy.

I'm in school for marketing( working in the health care field)and i want out so bad...I love fashion. When I gradute I'm heading there. Icould'nt see myself anywhere else either, however I want to live too so I'm hoping the pay isn't too bad for an entry level position..
I'm planning for fashion marketing..Any one out there know what the salary range is:unsure: ?

well, talking about fashion capitals and salaries, which city pays more? PARIS, MILAN, N.Y. or LONDON???

True about celeb designers...but they have designers working for them...its not as though they havent created jobs.

Every industry has its drawbacks.

But I am always amazed at how low the salaries go in fashion considering, there is this idea that if you want to work in fashion in the US youve gotta work in NY -- THE most expensive city on this continent.

To actually start my business is going to cost me a lot less in another city, like Miami for example, than it would cost me in NY.

hugobossdaria said:
when a fashion photographer just starts how much do he/she make ?

check the photography and stylist sections for answers about photography
rates and income... :wink: :flower:

my friend is a photographer

she has worked 5 years living off her parents, who have been really generous with her while she builds a career. It is not easy. Her first big break finally came through this year (she shot the chaotic -britney & kevin photo for UPN). You have to know that it is a tough long road, a hard business to break into, and she was super lucky to have a supportive family (she also has sucked it up and lived at home). She has made under 30k a year (and even that took a while to build up to)

Big Corporations are destroying the Fashion Industry for the sake of the "shareholder". You have CEO's who are into "product" does not matter what it is, but not the true essence of the designer.

Do not give up if you have a dream!! There is a niche if you want it bad enough. Everything goes in cycles. Small grass roots designers will rise again. I am speaking about the US. In Europe and Asia the small designers are slowly growing.

I have no doubts that I want to be a designer in the fashion industry but with everything already been done, trends going round on conveyor belt, pieces being re-labeld and re packaged and fashion groups and houses already established it is hard to squeeze yoreself in!
With more and more people and money entering the fast moving fashion world and the older people refusing to leave, a bust up seems inevitable.

Ok this seems like the most apropiate topic to post this in ...

How much do buyers earn ??

MissAlexis said:
I have no doubts that I want to be a designer in the fashion industry but with everything already been done, trends going round on conveyor belt, pieces being re-labeld and re packaged and fashion groups and houses already established it is hard to squeeze yoreself in!
With more and more people and money entering the fast moving fashion world and the older people refusing to leave, a bust up seems inevitable.

*so true MissAlexis, but please, dont give up

*great post anti hero11

welcome to tFS both of you :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thread, and insightful comments... This is what tfs is all about....

any idea how much a head of PR department in a european luxury fashion importer is getting ??
i need to get an idea on basic monthly/yearly level , not with prims etc..

please someone reply

Lena said:
*so true MissAlexis, but please, dont give up

*great post anti hero11

welcome to tFS both of you :flower:

Ditto to that. :wink: Work Hard and perservere. Clothing is increasingly considered a perishable good. Consumption is growing.

Shouldn't this thread and this ONE (How much fashion jobs really pay ...) be merged ?

Yeah ... except that new thread is about 2014 ... and this thread is almost 10 years old. Outdated information, I would say. But .... I'll see if we have one more thread to span the interim time and merge them all. And I think they all belong in C&E, so good catch.

ETA: Moved the other thread over here ... but decided not to merge them and didn't find any interim thread, other than one about "starter" salaries, which is a similar but different topic. I will delete our posts later, if I remember, to let this thread fade back into 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"