A Second Lookbook

As You Like It

Proponent of Plaid
Reaction score
Apparently the original Lookbook thread is lost to the sands of time, so I'm starting anew!

greensheerwraparoundfront.jpg
greensheerwraparoundback.jpg

I mentioned this top in this thread and kept meaning to post a picture and kept forgetting. Anyway, here it is,

brownpaisleyfront.JPG
brownpaisleyback.JPG

This was my latest...the one that the fabric made me think of Janis Joplin.

So, I've posted my recent work...let's see what other creative folks have produced recently! Sketches, garments, paintings, photos; it is time to brag it up a little bit!

Bumping!

This is my current project...I am testing out a bluejeans pattern that I intend to make up in corduroy for winter use. They are a slim-cut straight-leg style, about 2" below the natural waistline.

blackjeansfront.JPG

blackjeansbutt.JPG

blackjeansbuttpocket.JPG

The topstitching is silver-and-black thread, but the flash made the silver show up WAY more than it does in real life. They are actually much more subtle than these pictures would have you believe. There is a waistband yet to come, and belt loops, topstitching on the sides of the legs (I basted the inseams so I could try them on) and hemming, of course.

When I make up the corduroys, one pair will be a strong, saturated pumpking orange, one pair is a cocoa-brown, and the other pair is striped, in olive, two shades of brown, black, cream, and orange. All of my ideal wardrobe colors! I expect to get a LOT of wear out of that pair.

My husband sews his own buttons on. He doesn't trust me with a needle and thread so I admire your ability to put whole pieces of material together and come out with something so creative.

Wyatt--what do you want made?

Model-Mom--I taught myself how to do this over a long stretch of years. My first home-made garments told on themselves very, very badly indeed!

you cant see it so well......but i made the top im wearing in this photo
and kate also has a girls size one in the hand (bottom right) so watch out!

67304187.jpg

Wow Acid...!!

As_you_like_it - that top in the second pic is mad!! Its so cool i really really like it... Send em to be sold in OZ!! :wink:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 22 2004, 07:45 AM
I've got a bunch of new stuff to post, I'll do it when I get home...
[snapback]372395[/snapback]​
Ended up not going to class. So here they are now. :doh:

My mum, she thinks she looks too tired.

mum.jpg

Her chin, which I like.

chin.jpg

An in-class portrait of another student. They were really big, I couldn't fit the whole thing into the picture.

large.jpg

Part of another of them. I didn't really like this or the others that much.
Oh, and that white bit is paper that got stuck...

part.jpg

Such great stuff, As you like it! Love your artwork, Purple! And that top is hot, Acid! :smile:

I do digital artwork.. here is some of my design work...

autumn_full.jpg

dream_full.jpg

sunset_full.jpg

Originally posted by model_mom@Sep 21 2004, 06:59 PM
My husband sews his own buttons on. He doesn't trust me with a needle and thread so I admire your ability to put whole pieces of material together and come out with something so creative.
[snapback]371963[/snapback]​
:flower: ModelMom,

My model mom, taught me how to sew on my btns of shirts when I was a 6 yrs old. I was upset at first then realized i could do something that not a lot of kids could do. Maybe that was my first
experience with garments and appreciating them somehow. I am actually in the middle of shortening a clients pants ( I really should finsh and get off TFS).

I recently did some denim sketches for my portfolio on line and I will share them with you guys.
It was just trying to play with seams mostly on two of these, the other started with a classic MC jacket. Hope you guys like them.

Attachments

• fashion_denim.jpg
    fashion_denim.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 143
Next

Attachments

• fashion_denim_2.jpg
    fashion_denim_2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 99
last one

Attachments

• fashion4a.jpg
    fashion4a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105
Wow, I am so impressed by everyone. Purple I'm convinced your going to be famous someday. Purr I don't know too much about digital artwork but I think the pics you posted look amazing and Clay I enjoyed looking at your sketches and would love to see more of your work. This makes me want to find a hobby so I can post in this thread. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->