Abbey Dawn by Avril Lavigne for Kohls F/W 09.10 New York

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Avril Lavigne ditches the T-shirts and trainers for grown-up glam as she launches clothing range

Skater girl Avril Lavigne seems to have ditched her trademark T-shirts and trainers for an altogether more grown-up look.
The 24-year-old pop punk princess turned rock chic at the launch of her new clothing collection, Abbey Dawn.
Wearing a black satin halterneck satin and tulle prom dress, complete with a punk-style studded belt, the married singer dazzled on the catwalk.
She even kicked off her trademark Converse trainers for peep-toe heels.

But while Avril glammed up for the event, her clothing line echoed the punk/pop style that she has made her own.
Her Abbey Dawn by Avril Lavigne collection featured neon pinks, black and white checks, bowler hats, top hats, leopard print and mussed-up school wear.

The 'Rock and Roll' fashion show, was held at Style360 at the Metropolitan Pavillion as part of New York fashion week on Monday night.
It featured adult/older teen outfits as well as young teen/tween items.
The range is named after Avril's childhood nickname.
When talking about the collection, she described the feel as 'a lot of hot pinks and blacks and stars and purple and zebra. Basically, everything I wear.

'I have a very particular style. I want it to be available to a lot of girls, and I want it to be affordable.
'What's really important to me is that everything fits well and is well-made, so I try everything on and approve it all,' she added.

'I'm making sure that I think people in their 20s are going to wear it because it's going to be a sexy fit, not just, 'Oh, T-shirts and hoodies.
'The hoodies are slimming. It's not a thick, bulky material.'

dailymail.co.uk

Attachments

• avril1.jpg
    avril1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5
  • avril2.jpg
    avril2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 6
  • avril3.jpg
    avril3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • avril4.jpg
    avril4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
  • avril6.jpg
    avril6.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
  • avril7.jpg
    avril7.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
this is part of spring 10 new york fashion week yesterday but i think they are showing this seasons clothes.

it seems they are trying to "relaunch" the brand as it were, perhaps the response was muted to the clothes this year when it was introduced.

we may as well talk about the snuggie fashion show too

what a joke

Julie Chen is sporting one of the hottest Snuggies right off of the Paris runways right now
SnuggieLuxx designer edition collection by christophe decarnin for balmain for snuggie.......(it just has crystals glued all over) $175,590

the cavalli version is in zebra/leopard print with embroidery for a modest $12,185

i think julie chen was wearing the rodarte version which is basically a big unravelled yarn ball ($10,248 at barneys)

btw i can't say i'm feeling abbey dawn :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is NO WAY she can think this is good.
I don't see how people can have this little taste or creativity.

how on earth did she get to show at NYFW seriously downgrading or what?!

how on earth did she get to show at NYFW seriously downgrading or what?!

with this, and Baby Phat and She by Sheree (for those who watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta franchise), I'm starting to not take NYFW very seriously.

Wearing a black satin halterneck satin and tulle prom dress, complete with a punk-style studded belt, the married singer dazzled on the catwalk.
She even kicked off her trademark Converse trainers for peep-toe heels.

But while Avril glammed up for the event, her clothing line echoed the punk/pop style that she has made her own.
Her Abbey Dawn by Avril Lavigne collection featured neon pinks, black and white checks, bowler hats, top hats, leopard print and mussed-up school wear.

When talking about the collection, she described the feel as 'a lot of hot pinks and blacks and stars and purple and zebra. Basically, everything I wear.

'I have a very particular style. I want it to be available to a lot of girls, and I want it to be affordable.
I wish she would find little bit more than just her style. There is something interesting but it is so Avril that it hurts..

some more from forum.phun.org

If you are one of the models in that show, your career is seriously ruined. BIG TIME. :ninja:

I'm reading really negative things... I know you girls are more into high couture designers but .. Many girls all over the world copied avril's style since she is famous .. its ok to me if she decided this is another way to make money she doesnt want to be Vera wang .. like she said she wants every girl has the chance to get her designs wich is really nice...

I'm agreed this is more for teenagers but if you have enought personality it doesnt matter what you wear a valentino or a "Lavigne" and you will look stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->