Acne clothing shopping thread

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Elle M, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Elle M

Elle M New Member

There's a thread for Acne shoes, so why not make one for the clothes themselves ???
    Acne is a great brand ..I already have three pieces from their latest collections
    including pre season SS 10
    A gorgeous print dress (that's he name on the labeling and their online site)
    I got it at Liberty in London
    [​IMG]
    photo by me
    extra photos from their site
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    acnestudios.com

2. aJfromtheblock

aJfromtheblock New Member

Can someone help me with the following please?

I just ordered the same exact same pair of Acne Jeans I already had for years and fits me perfectly. Now, I tried on the new jeans and they're not skinny on me at all as they're supposed to be, it feels like a standard fit jeans.

What should I do? Is it possible they altered the fit of the jeans or should I wash it in warm water and hope it's more body fitting after it?

3. WidowOfCulloden

WidowOfCulloden New Member

I would suggest you to send it back and exchange it with the same pair but one size smaller or with a different pair with a tighter fit.
    If you wash it and then realise that it still doesn't fit properly, you'll stick with it because the company won't take it back.

4. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Everything I have ever bought from Acne has broke or torn. Sometimes even before I got to wear it. Even H&M does better quality.

5. Vegalyn

Vegalyn New Member

Their clothing is really overpriced.
    Especially their jeans, which should be their star product. One can easily find the same fit and washings at a much more democratic price, from other labels or even high street chains.

Maybe it's just me, but jeans is such a basic item to me, I can never pay more than 100EUR for a pair.

6. BonjourTristesse

BonjourTristesse New Member

I love Acne.. wondering why this thread is never updated.
    I just ordered pants... can't wait to receive them. <3

7. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i just got 4 basics and a pair of boots from acne's spring collection.. i will have to take pics. I love Acne.

8. bunburyist

bunburyist New Member

I love Acne too but it's true, they are overpriced. Their store in Melbourne especially has ridiculous prices. I only usually buy their stuff around sale time and then it becomes much better value I think. I have some dress shoes which cost a bit less than $200 ($600 at the store!) that are really, really nice. Also some mic jeans which are really excellent but I've lost some weight since they bought them so they don't quite fit as well as they used to unfortunately. Some gloves too. They make some really nice stuff.

9. saann

saann I don't know

I swear by their highwaist jeans, it's one of the few that fit me perfectly. But I've always found their other clothing overpriced. Quality wise they're very hit or miss, I would never bother with the basics, you'll find similar ones at H&M but for a much lower price.

10. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

LOVE Acne and own quite a bit from them. amazing staples such as their jerseys... so soft!

11. timber

timber New Member

I love Acne, and swear by their jeans. The only thing that is a bit strange is this: I own two pairs of Hex jeans, same size, one from a few years ago, and one made more recently.

They fit me TOTALLY differently - one has thicker material and is more straight-legged, and one is very elastic and skin tight. I really like them both, but when I bought the second pair I expected the fit to be more like my originals...

12. xing

xing New Member

Anyone got their pacific leather skirt? How's the quality like? I don't have access to an acne store so I can only order online.

When are the acne sales btw?

13. ohmyy

ohmyy New Member

so overpriced. it's just basic ish.

14. fritze

fritze New Member

went by a sample sale today and got a dress and a blazer:

/pics shop.acnestudios.com/

Attached Files:

15. bunburyist

bunburyist New Member

I really want this

[​IMG]
    (my tumblr via acnestudios.com)

but, y'know, it's $170 US. Good job Acne, good job. The fit and the cut look terrific though

16. Erna

Erna New Member

I have some Acne tees, knits, scarfs and shoes and I love them all, the quality is also great. The Copy tee especially is a staple in my wardrobe.

BUT, you have to be really careful when buying Acne pieces because they have started to use alot of synthetic materials in their clothing. The price still goes up every season though :rolleyes: For example the Lina knit is 70% acrylic and still the price is 220€. That's just hilarious.

Even H&M sells better materials for a fraction of the price. I believe synthetic can be made to look and feel good too but it's just the principle, I'm not paying that much for a fabric that costs nothing to make. Acrylic doesn't even keep you warm in the winter.

17. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

does anyone own the acne rita shearling jacket?