Acne clothing shopping thread

Elle M

Reaction score
There's a thread for Acne shoes, so why not make one for the clothes themselves ???
Acne is a great brand ..I already have three pieces from their latest collections
including pre season SS 10
A gorgeous print dress (that's he name on the labeling and their online site)
I got it at Liberty in London
29w0src.jpg

photo by me
extra photos from their site
2r2t5pw.jpg

mc3i1h.jpg

acnestudios.com

Can someone help me with the following please?

I just ordered the same exact same pair of Acne Jeans I already had for years and fits me perfectly. Now, I tried on the new jeans and they're not skinny on me at all as they're supposed to be, it feels like a standard fit jeans.

What should I do? Is it possible they altered the fit of the jeans or should I wash it in warm water and hope it's more body fitting after it?

I would suggest you to send it back and exchange it with the same pair but one size smaller or with a different pair with a tighter fit.
If you wash it and then realise that it still doesn't fit properly, you'll stick with it because the company won't take it back.

Everything I have ever bought from Acne has broke or torn. Sometimes even before I got to wear it. Even H&M does better quality.

Their clothing is really overpriced.
Especially their jeans, which should be their star product. One can easily find the same fit and washings at a much more democratic price, from other labels or even high street chains.

Maybe it's just me, but jeans is such a basic item to me, I can never pay more than 100EUR for a pair.

I love Acne.. wondering why this thread is never updated.
I just ordered pants... can't wait to receive them. <3

i just got 4 basics and a pair of boots from acne's spring collection.. i will have to take pics. I love Acne.

I love Acne too but it's true, they are overpriced. Their store in Melbourne especially has ridiculous prices. I only usually buy their stuff around sale time and then it becomes much better value I think. I have some dress shoes which cost a bit less than $200 ($600 at the store!) that are really, really nice. Also some mic jeans which are really excellent but I've lost some weight since they bought them so they don't quite fit as well as they used to unfortunately. Some gloves too. They make some really nice stuff.

I swear by their highwaist jeans, it's one of the few that fit me perfectly. But I've always found their other clothing overpriced. Quality wise they're very hit or miss, I would never bother with the basics, you'll find similar ones at H&M but for a much lower price.

LOVE Acne and own quite a bit from them. amazing staples such as their jerseys... so soft!

I love Acne, and swear by their jeans. The only thing that is a bit strange is this: I own two pairs of Hex jeans, same size, one from a few years ago, and one made more recently.

They fit me TOTALLY differently - one has thicker material and is more straight-legged, and one is very elastic and skin tight. I really like them both, but when I bought the second pair I expected the fit to be more like my originals...

Anyone got their pacific leather skirt? How's the quality like? I don't have access to an acne store so I can only order online.

When are the acne sales btw?

went by a sample sale today and got a dress and a blazer:

/pics shop.acnestudios.com/

Attachments

• 1BE111-C61_A_2_1.jpg
    1BE111-C61_A_2_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 14E111-900_A_1.jpg
    14E111-900_A_1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 14E111-900_B_1.jpg
    14E111-900_B_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
I really want this

tumblr_lj8gmfqhQG1qfzztuo1_500.jpg

(my tumblr via acnestudios.com)

but, y'know, it's $170 US. Good job Acne, good job. The fit and the cut look terrific though

I have some Acne tees, knits, scarfs and shoes and I love them all, the quality is also great. The Copy tee especially is a staple in my wardrobe.

BUT, you have to be really careful when buying Acne pieces because they have started to use alot of synthetic materials in their clothing. The price still goes up every season though :rolleyes: For example the Lina knit is 70% acrylic and still the price is 220€. That's just hilarious.

Even H&M sells better materials for a fraction of the price. I believe synthetic can be made to look and feel good too but it's just the principle, I'm not paying that much for a fabric that costs nothing to make. Acrylic doesn't even keep you warm in the winter.

does anyone own the acne rita shearling jacket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->