Advice On Fakes

kersti

Reaction score
OK, I know it's not ideal. :blush: I'm looking for a fake cherry blossom retro bag. To be fair, I'd rather buy the real thing but they're not available any more except on ebay and to be honest I'm simply not prepared to pay wuite THAT much. SO that leaves me with 2 choices - either go without, or pay homage through mimicry.

Anyway, excuses and reasons aside. I've found www.lushbags.com and I'm wondering if anyone here has ever bought anything from them - what's the quality like? What's the print like (I've seen lots of fake cherry blossoms that are dull red flowers on dark brown and they look horrid). Were they good to deal with?

i've never had any experience with the site you mention but i would suggest that if it's authentic looking fakes you are seeking to make the short trip to your nearest metropolis so you can at least see the bags for yourself and make your own judgment call...websites can send you anything and if they are dealing in fakes, i find them disreputable already.

and you really can't beat the fakes on canal street in new york, imho. also you might try consignment boutiques and stuff like that bc the good fakes start to cost a good chunk of what the real ones cost. you may even consider waiting for the next it bag bc there is ALWAYS another.

i think the bag is cute, and if the quality is good then it is worth the money they're asking for it. i'd be extra careful, though. i'd ask my bank if the cc insurance covers interent fraud, in case it is a bad fake and they don't want to return your money :wink:

retro_bag_pink.jpg

I saw a girl with a red cherryblossom papillion (pretty sure it was fake) and it was so cute. Much cuter than any other LV I've seen real or fake (but the vintage ones are kind of nice too). But I really do think that fakes cost too much.

I dont know how good the quality on replica bags are, but I :heart: that cherry blossom retro bag, and I agree, the prices they are asking for them on ebay are ridiculous! :shock:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:09 am
i've never had any experience with the site you mention but i would suggest that if it's authentic looking fakes you are seeking to make the short trip to your nearest metropolis so you can at least see the bags for yourself and make your own judgment call...websites can send you anything and if they are dealing in fakes, i find them disreputable already.

and you really can't beat the fakes on canal street in new york, imho. also you might try consignment boutiques and stuff like that bc the good fakes start to cost a good chunk of what the real ones cost. you may even consider waiting for the next it bag bc there is ALWAYS another.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of places in Melbourne, Australia where I can get them. I've tralled all over the place and been through every possibility here - the fakes here are all horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->