Agyness Deyn

Thank you, bones. It's nice to see some old, amazing work when we can't get nothing new lately. :(

I always thought she was about 5' 9" so 5' 7" is kinda short, unless someone saw her in person.

i've seen in some sites that her height is 5'8". what i always i thought was true, because she's a bit short next to other models

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone id her wrap sweater jacket she is wearing in the pictures of her riding her bike? i love it

Me&City Winter 2009
Ph/ Ellen Von Unwerth

me&city

Also, from what I gather through babelfish, the next Me&City Spring 2010 campaign will star Agyness along with Orlando Bloom shot by Terry Richardson. Do take this with a pinch of salt.

me&city blog

she looks so pretty in that campaign!:D:heart:
can't wait to see the shot by terry richardson

Oh, they are nice. ^_^ Not so sure about Terry, but at least we know he won't be able to shot them naked. :ninja:

Again, do take this with a pinch of salt. The source isn't very reliable. But if it's true, do I smell a comeback!? :woot: (or is it to early to say?)

She (Natasha Poly) just got back from a shoot for, by many known as the most important fashion magazine, Vogue Italia, alongside Rianne Ten Haken, Lara Stone, Agyness Deyn and a lot of other models.

myboyfriendspants @blogspot

i guess that editorial by meisel was really a come back? gosh, my hopes are really high now

The Decade's Top Models: Women Who Rocked The Post-Millennial Industry

When we're flipping through old magazines in thirty years, bemused by the dated art direction and the ridiculous clothing, some whippersnapper will doubtless point at an editorial and ask, "Who's that?" Chances are it'll be one of these ladies.

The modeling industry went through a variety of dramatic changes during the last decade. It was in these years that two relatively economically underdeveloped regions — South America and the former Eastern Bloc — supplanted the West as the industry's main source of tall, skinny 16-year-olds. (And the skinny 16-year-olds became skinnier 14-year-olds.) Lots of stuff happened: models died. The industry hesitantly considered self-regulation. There was a recession that decimated the luxury sector.

Who were the faces that cropped up during these tumultuous years and stood out from the crowd? Think of the Brazilian bombshells who stomped into prominence on the runways of Versace in the late '90s and held sway over the industry for the first few years of the decade that is now coming to a close. Remember the post-9/11 mini-vogue for "intellectual"-looking Belgians? (Though some — An Oost — have been unfortunately largely forgotten, others — Hannelore Knuts — still work regularly.) The doll-like models of the mid-2000s (hello Gemma, hello Lily!) The Russians who gained prominence during the last years of the decade. Who will be remembered as the faces of the 2000s? Our money's on these ladies.

Agyness Deyn
For a while in 2007, this girl's mug was inescapable. It seemed that Deyn — born Laura Hollins, some five years earlier than her agency had initially claimed — was in every editorial, on every billboard, and on every runway. With her highly recognizable haircut and signature mouth-agape look, she could radiate innocence or sex. Given she had oodles of style — or at least, a willingness to dress in really ridiculously 80s outfits in public — the obvious move would have been for her to transition from modeling into being a designer's long-term muse, a stylist, or to get a clothing line. Instead, she dabbled in music, did ads for Uniqlo, and dyed her hair black. Whether or not she makes a comeback, she's still got that 2000s look — po-mo anti-historical Salvation Army hipster — to a T. Her pictures will instantly conjure the period.

jezebel

Hmm, I'm glad she's acknowledged & made it on the list. It's true that 2007 was one of the years we are inescapable from Agyness. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->