Alaia For Ever

OMG!!
those gator-hide jackets are so beautiful!
i want one! :lol: :crush: :wub:

omg you see i only found out about alaia a year ago or so - but i was tremendously excited when i found out that hes also tunisian. the only tunisian designer out there - who actually designs such inspirational numbers. i feel so proud. i love him. by the way, we have a house in his hometown in tunisia, sfax.

:flower: you rock my world alaia.

Tks for the info, Le!
I really like Steph's reaction .. 3 wedding dresses!!! I hate her! :blink: :P
Oh ... and lovely N. Vodianova! *swoons*

PS. As if! I prefectly remember Cher's lil' red Alaia number!

Originally posted by blumarine@May 27th, 2004 - 2:01 am

PS. As if! I prefectly remember Cher's lil' red Alaia number!
paper bag princess has it for sale :shock:

1577_featured.jpg

:stuart:

a little walk down memory lane...

alaia at his peak... :heart:
vogue 1991
ph:Patrick demarchelier

and...vogue 1990...also demarchelier...

Oh, I'm glad I found this thread. Nuiko and any others who own/has tried on Alaia's stuff - I am looking to get a shirt-dress for my wife by him. How does Alaia cut? Very narrow, regular, forgiving, it depends? Please, comment, I REALLY need to know.

faust ...it runs VERY small... very narrow...

and have you checked prices...oh..they have some lovely items on sale at barney's...which you may have seen...but ... :doh: ...the pricetag... :innocent:

is this something on ebay?...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
faust ...it runs VERY small... very narrow...

and have you checked prices...oh..they have some lovely items on sale at barney's...which you may have seen...but ... :doh: ...the pricetag... :innocent:

is this something on ebay?...
at 70% off doesn't look that scary B) No, it's closer to us than Ebay. So it runs very narrow? That is not the answer I wanted, but I expected it. <Sigh>, that sucks. Maybe we'll try our luck anyway...

Alaia clothes are chic, elegant, and sexy. Like a previous poster, i own vintage pieces but i would die for one of his haute couture designs. :woot: :heart: :woot: :heart:

Originally posted by dreaminginprint....@Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:27 pm
Alaia clothes are chic, elegant, and sexy. Like a previous poster, i own vintage pieces but i would die for one of his haute couture designs. :woot: :heart: :woot: :heart:
so, how are they cut? I know they are elegant, I need practical info :flower:

Originally posted by faust+Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faust @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dreaminginprint....@Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:27 pm
so, how are they cut? I know they are elegant, I need practical info :flower: [/b][/quote]
mmm...yeah...we were looking at some beautiful pieces this weekend...but they def run very small...i wouldn't even try one on...because i don't want to feel bad about myself...my friend who wears a size 2/4 MIGHT fit into some of the pieces...but they are usually very tight and restrict movement somewhat...not the most practical things in the world...but not meant to be...

some of them are a bit more forgiving... you never know until you try... :flower:

there was this one dress... :wub: ...maybe that's what you're talking about ...but even at the sale price... :shock: :doh: ...not gonna happen... :ninja:

Hey i didnt know Alaia was still designing.. coz im relatively new to fashion.. well 1.5yrs new... i thought Alaia was a very old designer back in like the 60s or so.. i didnt know hes still designing today!! Hes not on www.style.com is he??? where can i find pics.. www.firstview.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->