Alaia For Ever

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
052504_4.jpg

Alaïa’s Angels

Though several of his more recent creations were displayed on mannequins at the Guggenheim for 24 hours or so, you only had three hours or less to catch a glimpse of the supermodel muses of Azzedine Alaïa — Stephanie Seymour, Karolina Kurkova and Natalia Vodianova — posing, drinking and eating lobster salad in their very own painstakingly created gowns Thursday night at a benefit for the museum.

Vodianova, beaming in a girlish print dress, said she was wearing her first Alaïa. “But I’ve been a fan of his since I became interested in fashion,” she explained, earnestly.

“I’m one of the young members of the club,” quipped Kurkova, who made a point of nuzzling the designer’s head in her breasts — which were at the same height as the top of his head. Kurkova added that Alaïa knows how to make an outfit just for her — she doesn’t even need to go to his studio.

Over the course of the evening, Seymour, in an Alaïa she has been seen out in a few times before, grew quite emotional. (She shared a table with the designer; her husband, Peter Brant; Al Pacino, and Grace Hightower.) Her tears didn’t appear to be linked to the fact that she is once again pregnant. “I always cry when I talk about Azzedine,” Seymour said, wiping away her mascara. “I’ve known him since I was 14. He’s made me three wedding dresses. I’m like his daughter — he gave me away at my wedding.”

photos & article from wwd

052504_3.jpg

miss Seymour and the tiny master

052504_5.jpg

Karolina in Alaia :heart:

wow! never knew he was that tiny! so cute!

I guess Alaia boosts the fact that good things come in small packages :blush:

dang...i want natalia's dress!!!...i've never owned any alaia...Brown's had a big selection that i loved seeing in person... :heart: ...i also like the shoes he's doing now... :flower:

oh alaia.
i adore his designs, and i own a few "vintage" ready-to-wear pieces.
simply stunning, simply exquisite, and i love how they fit... :wub:
i would absolutely die if i could get an alaia haute couture piece.
perhaps one day!! :crush: :wub: *fainting smiley*

Cher - YOu don't understand SIr, this is an Alaia

Robber- A WHat?

Cher - An Alaaia, it's a very prestigious designer

Robber - Do you wan't a design on your forehead!

Cher - Awwww...( CHer get's on her knees)

Can you believe I remember this!! :rofl:

I can... I am so obsessed with that movie...have been forever! :rofl:

btw, cher says "he's, like, a TOTALLY important designer"

:innocent:

:ninja:

i totally want to watch this movie now ;D

:rofl:

Aww, my bad! I guess the last time I saw it I was wearing Barney print hotpants :lol:

I wanna watch it now :shock:

OK sure! Ill take the first plane up north right now :lol:

OK!!! I have to stay on topic!! :order: :lol:

i'm in texas, dude! :wink:

ANYWAY, YES, BACK ON TOPIC! :order: .....

alaia = :heart:

Originally posted by nuiko+May 26th, 2004 - 12:55 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ May 26th, 2004 - 12:55 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@May 26th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
I remember Alaia from Clueless :lol:
YES!!! [/b][/quote]
That's the first time I ever heard about Alaia, cause he's like a totally important designer! LOL.

Although now, I love this from his s/s 03 couture collection, but it hurts my head just imagining how much that bustier would cost.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 30
spike-
the pieces in that couture collection were simply amazing! :wub:
i loved it as well.
the one thing that kind of creeped me out about it, though, was the fact that the girls were basically just wearing full-on alligator hide on themselves which was kind of :\ ... i don't know why though.

:wacko:

00002.L.JPG
00055.L.JPG

but still, :heart: !!

ps- i wouldn't want to know how much that thing costs, either! it's totally plaster-molded to the contours of your body (look how it fits her!) ... and the alligator! :wacko:

Originally posted by brian@May 26th, 2004 - 5:23 pm
spike-
the pieces in that couture collection were simply amazing! :wub:
i loved it as well.
the one thing that kind of creeped me out about it, though, was the fact that the girls were basically just wearing full-on alligator hide on themselves which was kind of :\ ... i don't know why though.

:wacko:

]
00055.L.JPG

but still, :heart: !!

ps- i wouldn't want to know how much that thing costs, either! it's totally plaster-molded to the contours of your body (look how it fits her!) ... and the alligator! :wacko:
I actually love this jacket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->