Alena Akhmadullina S/S 06, Paris

:woot: you did notice.

i cant seem to find the proper one but well, my good old avatar here:

:heart:
24046.jpg

i merged^_^

thanks for reminding me about lacouture.com, mullet, they really always have the most wonderful pictures. adds a little drama to the fun:P

beautiful:heart:

Beautiful. Reminds me of costuming from a movie

credits-telegraph.co.uk...

i recognise the pics...:wink:

When I saw that first pic in #34 on Anna's LJ I assumed Alena was a photographer :lol:

It reminded me of Sparklehorse too, but I can't place why.. do they always have masks on in their promotion pics? :unsure:

I'm loving the purses so much :woot: I agree with Susie it has Peter Jensen's playfulness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perle,you are such a gem! Thank you ^_^

I love this so much :heart: Sort of like a sophisticated milk-maid...that contrast of really elegant with a kitsch and play on the simplicity of farms and nature. It's a beautiful mix.

I agree that it's cute, but without the props, there really isn't much to appreciate. The cut and design are pretty normal, and the props remind me too much of the graduate shows from Antwerp Academy. Nice, but not creative or innovative.:smile:

Well,I think for the short time that Russian design has arised as it has,this is quite beautiful. Yes,compared to most the pieces themselves might be a bit ordinary away from the quirky accessories,but I think it's delightful. The clothes actually remind me a little bit of a Christian Wijnants and Stephen Schneider kind of look.

Btw,the graduate shows weren't creative or innovative? Or am I mis-reading? Sorry if I am :flower:

Hi Scott,
The Antwerp Academy shows are of course almost always creative and experimental - a fashion feast. I think they really took over the Japanese 80s avant-garde tradition and ran with it since the 90s. Some of the masks here remind me of past Antwerp shows, and the owl motif is too Tsumori Chisato A/W05. I guess I expect more from the Russians and Eastern Europeans because they have really come a long way as an ambitious new presence in terms of design, especially club design and architecture. The fashion...hmm...:smile:

^They're still coming along though. I've been watching how this has been progessing for a few years now and I think it's still rather precocious at the moment as Russia nor the rest of Eastern Europe has quite fully developed as a fashion region,yet.

Btw,this week or this past week was Russian Fashion Week...I think I'll have a look at what's going on....since their two most notable's Alena and Nina Donis migrated.

Scott,

Hee..I don't want to scare the children, but what the hack, it is Halloween. You can see some Russia Fashion Week pics here:

ttp://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5704_0,001900010020,1.htm

Click on the first image with the sunflower/feather mask and run for your lives. :smile:

One outfit I like is by Alexander Terekhov, I think, they seemed to have mixed it up at Getty Images:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->