Alexander McQueen S/S 2010 : Raquel Zimmermann by Nick Knight

haha! my friend whos working with Nick`s them said what all snakes were drawed after in photoshop, so thats not actually Raquel`s hardworking

When I still find the photo really good, it's interesting how McQueen is about everything but the clothes this season. The cosmic fashion show, killer platforms, Lady Gaga's new song in the finale and now the campaign - these are the only things everyone remembers.

WOW! Been dying to see this.... Must say as a girl scared of snakes its a bit freaky but the colours are amazing.

There are lots of different types of snakes there, and given that they might not get on with each other, I'm not surprised it's the work of photoshop. Probably for the best, though I do like the heroic idea of Raquel submitting herself to a layer of snakes, though in reality, they would probably be more interested in eating each other than having a piece of her.

Only McQueen. Only Raquel. Only Knight. could make something so kitsch and overbearing in style look admirable and inspiring.

When I still find the photo really good, it's interesting how McQueen is about everything but the clothes this season. The cosmic fashion show, killer platforms, Lady Gaga's new song in the finale and now the campaign - these are the only things everyone remembers.
It seemed to me that with his SS 2010 collection, he was more enamored with what he did with the textiles than with the designs. His silhouettes were pretty basic, especially for him.

^Well, even with the elaborate work with the textiles, it got lost under all the attention-catchers. But it might have been the point, perhaps.

I love it but I feel it could be better.
I think the composition is really off and it doesn't really work well as an ad.

This is amazing. Sort of reminds me of that VI ed with all the print where the girls were lying on top of yet more print.

so then what`s sence in creating ad camapign (it costs tons of money too) and not publishing it? the question of existance of advertising is only to printing it

no matter how much it costs, it costs even more to put it in print. one can publish campaigns on their website, use the creative for correspondence with their clients, etc. it's just like every piece produced for a runway -- no matter how expensive it costs -- does not get put into production.

^ Wow! She's so brave! I would've never done it. I'd be so freaked out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->