Alexander McQueen S/S 2023 by Jonas Akerlund

I can't deny that I like, despite the composition (mirrors + red floor) reminding me of Miu Miu S/S 2011 by M&M... I want to see more!

The worst collection. Hope they leave the ugly basic eye prints out of the campaign.

Also starring Naomi Campbell, Pom Klementieff, Yseult, METTE and Nyagua:

The campaign didn't need anyone but Sadie, whose images and video are the only appealing aspect of the campaign to me. She's gorgeous and her hair looks magnificent like this, she's selling me a dress I don't care for at all. Apart from Naomi, I don't know who any of the other women are but I highly dislike the disconnect of other sets compared to Sadie's dreamy fantasy aesthetic that I would usually connect with Sarah's McQueen.

Don’t really care for this, but it was also a pretty bleh looking collection.

I also don’t understand the current association between Naomi and McQueen. Yeah they were friends, but she did barely any of his shows. If you’re going to use a model from that era, Moss, Shalom, Debra Shaw or even Alek Wek would be better options. I just never really associate Naomi with McQueen in that kind of way.

The only ones that look interesting are Sadie, Nyaguaa and Pom. Pom has the best video and shot since she her look and vibe suits that mood. Naomi on the other hand looks like shes going to read the news underdressed due to that set. They didnt even bother with the other two models.

I've been seeing Sadie's ads around and I have to say I quite love them. Sadie's and Pom's images are really strong to me - very McQueen in my eyes.

would have been a stronger campaign if they'd kept it to Sadie (one of the small cohort of young actresses who actually has a look that suits high fashion campaigns, and suits McQueen in particular really well, her red hair is perfect)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->