Alexander McQueen skull scarf (August 2004 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blamo - That is a fanastic scarf - I love the colors, its very wearable. Congrats on being lucky enough to snag one!

I want to buy a new one and it looks like I better decide on one fast before they are all gone..

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of the navy or purple with ivory skulls scarf being available at any of the dept stores? I can't seem to get the Alexander McQueen website to work for me.

anyone waiting for orders from Alexander McQueen's website i have just spoken to customer services and they have a backlog of orders and are trying to get through them as soon as possible

^ Have you tried any of the department stores like Selfridges etc. I'm not sure where you are in England but the saleslady at Harrods said that they will be getting the next season in so they won't run out. With the press release today stating that the house will got on they will continue with the scarfs.

I wanted one to treasure forever so I knew the best thing was to get one asap. I also want the purple with baby blue-ish skulls as well but at least I have the classic black with white skulls.

^I'm in Birmingham, we have Selfridges and Harvey Nichols but i wanted to secure the color i wanted by ordering online because when i've been into Selfridges they never have too much of a range of colors

^ there were heaps of different colours at Oxford St Selfridges last week. I'm sure that if you go into the Birmingham Selfridges then they can order you one that's stocked in the other stores. Same with Harvey Nicks. If they don't then they are either completely out of stock all over England or are just mean.

Just annoy them until they get you one. If you want something then you go for it.

^haha that is the best way to get something you really want
ive already ordered one online, they're making their way through the orders and mine wont be long, ill keep that tip in mind when i go in to buy the black and white one when i head into town next week :smile::lol:

FYI for anyone in Toronto - I was at the Bay/Bloor Holt Renfrew store this afternoon and they had two scarves left. Both green with mauve-ish pink skulls.

I got my ivory/black today. Somehow this scarf is a lot stiffer than my drk navy/blue skulls from a few years ago. I like it though. The shape stays where the other one is really soft and flowy.

Update for Londoners. On the weekend there were still some at Harvey Nicks and Harrods (I did a "drive by" looksee in those sections). Yesterday at Selfridges there were plenty as well.

the colors were too beautiful to leave it there. i love it so much, but im clueless what colors to pair it with

2uzqrk8.png

closeup of the skulls
alnkb9.png

the colors are off, i've tried different expositions but they still come out wrong. :D

^Wow, I don't know what the colours are supposed to look like, but the bright turquoise on grey is gorgeous!

Blamo, I love yours! I've always loved the special design scarves that still incorporate the skulls - I wish I could afford the maple leaf ones that are on eBay, but it's not going to happen.

I've been tempted to buy another of the classic scarves since his death, but I already a lot of them, so I'm holding off. I have so many that most of the colourways are similar enough to what I already have that it would just be silly.

I am totally kicking myself for not just sucking it up and buying the black on red dogtooth/magpie scarf from F/W, though. :cry:

Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself if I saw that one! It's an amazing colourway; I love it! Congrats on a beautiful purchase. :smile:

The turquoise and grey is lovely and very wearable.
I was in Selfridges last week and they had a gorgeous black and multicoloured design echoing the computer generated prints in the last collection. Does anyone know the last few years of seasonal designs? I have a scarf which I can't place in a collection.

I've always loved these scarves, and since McQueen recently passed away I thought now was the time to get one but all the silk ones are too feminine for my taste... I was able to put my hands on one made of modal, in grey with black skulls.
Less original and vibrant than some of the gorgeous coloured silk ones but at least I know I'll wear it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->