Alexandre Herchcovitch S/S 06 New York

00330m.jpg

I also like this bag (style.com)

There's so much going on that my eyes get tired just from looking at the mess.

I don't liek the styling, but I think the clothes will be very cute on there own.^_^

I appreciate some of the details on their own.. however it's hard to focus of these outfits. The pumps look so uncomfortable!! very odd!

anna karina said:
is this the same collection he was showing in sao paolo?

Yes, it is !
I'm not crazy about it - but I do worship the shoes ^_^

I was so looking forward to this and even though that it is a kaleidoscope of colours and not his best, I still am pleased. The shoes are, well, creative!

I can't say I like it. A lot of it just looks like a mishmash of colors and fabrics. Overall, its just too much. But, I suppose there are some nice separate pieces.

I'm still undecided over the shoes. At first I thought they were hideous...but I don't know. I guess there's something interesting about them.

I can't see myself wearing this but I think it is cute.

Hum ... not his best .. its a bit bland ... I like how he's accesorizing but HATE the hats ...

i think most of the pieces work well as separates... some of the silhouettes were hideous, though.... liked the prints

Scott said:
I'm with Meg. Excellent shapes....alot of it actually reminds me of English country-side clothes. But the colours and the whole mixture of things,I'm not so keen on.

I suppose it's a REALLY abstract take on English countryside. Maybe English countryside on acid? I don't like this at all. The mix of prints and colours is too random, and there's no sense to it at all.

A little rough on the eyes but as separates I can completely see some cute pieces

A bit of a print and colour overload there.. but I see some potential in most of the clothes. I like how it's bright though.. even if it is wayy too much. It is for S/S afterall.

Meg said:
the more I look at this collection, the more I enjoy it. The prints certainly couldn't be worn all together but the shapes are magnificent. Look at the sort of laser cutouts on that beige half of that skirt/dress or the sort of highwaisted suspenders/lederhosen. And the belting is very 'now' without directly copying Yves Saint Laurent f/w 05

Yes ... came here to post that cutwork skirt if it wasn't already here, but it is and we all love it :D Also like some of the elements of the shoes--the criss-cross, the suede ornament, but don't care for that funky elephantine heel.

PS Very cool use of cork ... and bonus points for a completely sustainable vegan material!

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it, the colors are odd, but its fresh. its not a rehashing of old sh*t, and if it is, it still looks good.

Thanks travolta.:flower: Didn't know that there's another thread on this same collection. Maybe they should merge?

Agree with Meg that the details are really something, especially the fluttering flowers laser cuts hem. The pieces that puzzle me are the ones with a pink tongue and a frilled faux belly front??? It's a fresh silhouette though, high waisted (not the tired empire), baby lederhosen, and clunky shoes. The colours and prints are in profusion but slightly faded, which stand out from the rest and out of character with the neutrals, but cheery and carefree, very evocative of old Cacharel from childhood memories. I think that's what pressed my buttons.:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemercedes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->