Alice Glass (Crystal Castles)

Alice Glass Leaves Crystal Castles
"Although this is the end of the band, I hope my fans will embrace me as a solo artist in the same way they have embraced Crystal Castles."

Alice Glass, one-half of Crystal Castles, has announced on Facebook that she is leaving the band. Said Glass in her post:

I am leaving Crystal Castles.
My art and my self-expression in any form has always been an attempt towards sincerity, honesty, and empathy for others.
For a multitude of reasons both professional and personal I no longer feel that this is possible within CC.
Although this is the end of the band, I hope my fans will embrace me as a solo artist in the same way they have embraced Crystal Castles.​

Glass and producer Ethan Kath began making music as Crystal Castles in the mid-00s. They named themselves after She-Ra's dwelling in the cartoon series "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". The two recorded a few 7" and 12" demos, including the popular "Alice Practice", which was a demo of Glass testing out a microphone, before releasing their debut LP, Crystal Castles, in 2008. The band released another self-titled album, Crystal Castles, in 2010. Their last record was III, which came out in 2012.
pitchfork.com

i-D Pre-Spring 2015 “Don’t be a rockstar, be a legend”

Photography: Daniel Jackson
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Magazine text: Bertie Brands
Hair: Holli Smith at Total Management

blog.nextmanagement

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member