Alice McCall F/W 06.07 London

susie_bubble

Reaction score
There's been a lot of hoo-ha over this designer and personally I'm not all that impressed with the collection but it is one of the more comercially viable collections from LFW from and up and coming designer.

IF we gave out cups at the end of Fashion Week, Alice McCall would have a hat trick: best newcomer, prettiest collection and easily the most popular girl in the class. The buzz before her show in The Collection this afternoon grew louder and louder as more and more fashion folk passed her stand in the exhibition tent. "Have you seen that red coat?" was the most asked question of the day - and suddenly there we were and there it was. If the popularity stakes need proving, how does Cat Deeley, Davina McCall (no relation), Jools Oliver and all fashion's most recognisable writers, wearers and shakers, sound? Plus, McCall's biog bandies around names like Rankin, Natalie Umbruglia and Sass & Bide, so she's not one to ignore. Nor are the clothes: the aforementioned coat, empire-lined with a sweet bow at the front, was simply delicious. Lime chiffon vests scattered with a few strategic Swarovskis and tucked into a wide cashmere belt (bow dead centre of course), over a matching wool stretch mini with a frilled chiffon hem were part-Minnie Mouse sweet, part-French waitress naughty. The prints - black dashes on white or white on black - made for hotpants and hoodies that just made you die to be part of the in-crowd, while regal chiffon robes in orange, yellow and black rippled like sun through a stained-glass window and another enlarged poppy print indulged the hippy in us all. (February 16 2006, PM)

Review from vogue.co.uk

MCAL_0001.jpg
MCAL_0006.jpg

MCAL_0013.jpg
MCAL_0017.jpg

MCAL_0018.jpg
MCAL_0023.jpg

MCAL_0028.jpg
MCAL_0035.jpg

MCAL_0041.jpg
MCAL_0047.jpg

MCAL_0055.jpg
MCAL_0064.jpg

I like some of the quirky details but the details are no more quirky than say Topshop Unique and somehow I doubt the prices match up.

I love this! I want that black/white tube top and the yellow dress. A lot of pieces are right in my style.

Its ok...i love the prints but i wish there was more light...the presentation could be better..

Not overly impressed either. Cute things here and there. Maybe it's how you posted the pictures,but I find that it's really quite inconsistent and all over the place. Nothing too distinctive about it either. I can think of five designers-in London-whose work this is so similar to already.

I like this so far, clean & nice, sth cute & feminine, & the prints.

Some cute things ... the jumpers are darling. Especially like the striped one. The red coat makes the model look tubby ...

Could live without the 70s prints & colors :sick:

It's cute. But it looks like a mixture of Moschino C&C's quirky cute asthetic and Proenza Schouler. It's a look that is available at other more prestigious houses, so why buy McCall instead of Moschino?

Somewhere between Olive Oyl and Minnie Mouse.
Oh, and Clarice Cliff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->