Allessandra Facchinetti

Tonight, during my figure drawing class, I was listening to the Valentino RTW FW 08/ HC FW 08 soundtracks, and my heart was wrenched! In a way, listening to those tracks, at that specific moment, the sad realisation finally truly hit me.
Spike, do you have a list of the couture songs? I've been looking around. I hear they're Philip glass, but I can't find the specific one.

i know, Salvatore- it was so exciting to see a woman at couture...

i felt she had a special touch, very sensitive but empowering- that tapped into what women really wanted, and what was romantic and flattering.

anyway on the career front; fashionista.com reckons Alessandra would be a good fit for the new Rochas!

This just in, at WWD: Gibo SpA's bring back editor favorite Rochas - which P&G killed a couple years ago after the Fall 06 collection - with the first full collection set to bow in March.
No word yet on who's set to be the head designer (and no idea whether Olivier can fit it into his schedule at Nina Ricci), but here's an excerpt of a crazed e-mail we just got from Brett:
Alessandra Fachinetti? Anyone? easy transition from Valentino. Plus, Gibo's Italian.

Will it look like Olivier's work? because his is the most recognized, or will it look like whatever it looked like 40 years ago?

Or will it look like Gucci so they can actually make money? What does a Rochas handbag look like that isn't a violin case?

And how can it work now in the worst economic climate ever, but not four years ago when everyone wanted to spend?

Thoughts?

fashionista.com

i think she would do a wonderful job, she has that lightness of touch and romantic sensibility that Olivier set up...

besides, she can actually design as in techniques and real vision; unlike quite a few modern designers who simply rehash.

She did a wonderful job!! Why are they doing this?!? I feel like she really did 'update' Valentino a little- she could have done so much more given the time. Her designs were great, they kept the valentino feel.

I'm really sad, I loved her designs. She created beautiful, magnificent clothing.

So sad that she was pushed out at Valentino. I'd never even given the label much more than a passing glance until she arrived with her collections which breathed fresh air into the stultifying and stiff house of the tangerine-one. I agree that she'd be a perfect fit for Rochas, my only concern is that in these times of straightened finances she'll be in and out in a flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->