Altuzarra S/S 2015 New York

marcBarna

Reaction score
Altuzarra-New-York-RTW-SS15-1654-1410034846-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

this is a good collection but it's so expected. i could close my eyes and guess what he was going to do. he needs to change up the silhouette

Agreed. It looks very refined and will surely sell well. But season after season, the bulk of the collections seem to be blouses with a low neckline + pencil skirts with a slit.

I'm always excited to see his collection,this time it was beautiful.I love simplicity of it with a slightly sexiness.

Where as his peer Wang is a Helmut Lang/ NG Balenciaga copy cat, Altuzarra tries to hard in creating a Tom Ford moment from the late 90s/ early 2000s and fails every time. The Cavalli like dresses at the end, though nice, seem very random.

I can't even be bothered to look into it a second time around as it just looks so matronly and old, in the choice of fabrics, and proportions... Even Jason Wu has moved on to a much more modern, urban expression, this just seems a hell lot more stuffy and old in comparison.

Is a high-slitted, pencil skirted silhouette all he has to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess his collaboration with Target had a lot to do with this collection as it seems that his experimental (beautiful heavy embellishments anyone?) spirit is long gone. It's very basic I'd say, he keeps repeating the same silhouettes which work for him, but are getting a bit tiring. You gotta give him credit about those laser-cut leather pieces though, the fence-like texture feels strong and fresh.

I like this, sexy but in a chic way, no screaming here. I can see a lot of these pieces selling very very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->