Rodarte S/S 2015 New York

I kind of like it...maybe love some pieces :ninja:. LOL? The majority of the looks are incredibly anonymous though; like Rodarte made quite a left turn and ended up in the middle of glamcore no man's land.

Dresses are pretty good though.

this is a mess. at first i was like ohh is this a comeback? but it really isn't. the first part is a nightmare and the final dresses, while the combo fishnets / random fabrics / see through / nice colors kinda looks old rodarte, a closer look at the clothes screams cheap halloween costume. definitely better than most of what they've been doing recently, but still bad

Upgrade from what we've had in the past. :rolleyes: It definitely feels costume-ish but it's better than the garbage we've seen in recent years.

Finally!! Back to the Rodarte I know and love! The mixed material collages! Some were questionable but I still loved that they went back to their identity

The sheer amount of NY designers that knock off NG's Balenciaga is just insane lol. Here it looks like a project runway's interpretation of the NG's aesthetic :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
the final onslaught of dresses (final 12 pieces) is beautiful; this is their strength, mixing knits and textures, and here they've married it with their love of delicacy and pastels to a great effect. ethereal and yet sexy at once.

the daywear, though, is not as strong.

the accessories, including those shoes, are just plain BAD.

Beautiful there are both dreamy and street elements blend in, I find that the brand has lost a sparkle like nobody really mentions about them anymore.

This can work, they're just overloaded with fabrics and they're crashing in almost every single look, take 1-2 fabrics away and make it more consistent.

how do you think it's good? the fabric combinations are heinous as usual, and some of the jackets look like the models being axed all over their bodies, like why you even put belts on such questionable position?

Can you spell B A L E N C I A G A ?

Seriously who's buying and actually wearing Rodarte anymore?! I don't understand how they're still in business.

Seriously who's buying and actually wearing Rodarte anymore?! I don't understand how they're still in business.

Yeah I don't know either.

Gimmicky things like their "Radarte" shirts I guess.

My favorite collection in NY hands down so far. So graphic and a sci-fi feel like someone else in this thread said, delish!

Yeah I know...clearly moving back towards their roots...I like some of the sheer/tulle stuff, and the boots and the textures. It's still not what it used to be in the beginning though...that was just so gorgeously inspiring...

I think I'm asking this every season, but hasn't anyone talked to them honestly and in person about the rise and fall of their collections? Everyone is wondering and speculating and nobody seems to know...

Doubtful.They live in a weird little bubble, sort of like the mother and daughter in Grey Gardens, and their handlers treat them with kid gloves and gush over every crazy idea that they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->