Ambriel Floyd

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Originally from South Carolina, designer Ambriel Floyd has lived in New York for the last 10 years. She originally moved to New York to pursue a career in costume design. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After working as a stylist and studying print-making on the side, she decided to pursue her own design visions in the context of fashion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She started her line in 2001 by creating one-of-a-kind pieces for Seven New York. The business has since grown to include two complete accessories collections a year, a line of hand-printed and hand-dyed t-shirts, and a limited production of ready-to-wear pieces. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She was a finalist in the GenArt Styles 2003 Design Competition for her ready-to-wear designs. Her accessories and t-shirt collections have been sold in prestigious stores around the world, including Barney´s New York, Shine Hong Kong, United Arrows Japan, and Changes Japan[/FONT]

*she also collaborated with Tess Giberson on Tess' A/W 02 collection.

A/W 04-05

ambriel3-2004.jpg

ambriel3-2004b.jpg

ambriel3-2004c.jpg
ambriel3-2004e.jpg
ambriel3-2004d.jpg

ambriel3-2004h.jpg

(images+bio: fashion.at)

Not sure about the season of these beauties...

ambriel901b.jpg
ambriel901.jpg
ambriel901c.jpg
ambriel901d.jpg

(images: fashion.at)

An army belt from her web-site

armybelt.jpg

Bird bag- Natural canvas, hand-printed with bird print. Quilted. Swarovski Crystals appliqué.
birdbag.jpg

Peace belt-
peacebelt.jpg

(images: ambrielfloyd.com

T's:

Birds-
flowert.jpg

Notre Dame-
notredame.jpg

Reconcile Bird T-
reconcilebird.jpg

Winter Flowers-
winterflowers.jpg

(images: ambrielfloyd)

Some of it is a ltitle to arts&craftsy for me, but osme of it, like the belts, are gorgeous.^_^

apart from the hats, the metallic necklace and the bags i mostly like this, thanks scott :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welome everybody.

I do have to concur...the belts are simply divine! I do,like Mullet,like the printing though.

Actually,if I can,I will get some close-ups of that Tess collection. Those ribbons and belts in that are beautiful!

Thanks for the pictures, Scott
hmmm, overall I have mixed feelings.
I don't like the patterns. They seem too clunky and the colors are also clunky.

I like the belts, but not really the army belt...none of the designs leave enough of an impression on me and mostly they look like anyone could have made them.

Would love to see those closeups

I like the prints, but looks like American Apparel Tee shirts. Even if they aren't, they would be so much more special if the lines of the tops were exaggerated. Just my opinion.

season's greetings from my studio

Thought I'd add some more current images... Best wishes to all.
Ambriel Floyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->