Tess Giberson Exiting TSE

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Tess Giberson Exiting Tse
Thursday, January 17, 2008
By Marc Karimzadeh

NEW YORK — Tse design director Tess Giberson is leaving the cashmere company.

The firm said it would not renew her contract, citing the designer's desire to pursue personal interests, including her own line.

*wwd.com

if anybody's got a pass perhaps you would be so kind to post the rest of article?

but i am quite glad about this to be honest. maybe now she can get back to working more dynamically at her own collection. admittedly,as a whole,i've been very underwhelmed apart from her aumtumn 06 with the tse collection.

oh.. :(
I think her work for TSE has been so consistently good ever since she got there, but yes, it was nothing in comparison with her own line so as much as I'll miss what she's doing right now, it sounds exciting to know she'll be getting back on her own and developing her own aesthetic. :heart:
I'm guessing she'll still be showing a last collection for TSE next week?.

thanks for posting, scott!.

i have no idea mullet,i would assume she would be since this was only announced a few days ago. so i'm sure she has a new and final collection in store. i actually hope she leaves very strongly. maybe she will even have a dual season....perhaps a small capsule Tess Giberson collection??

it's not so much that i was disappointed or i disliked what she has been doing at tse,just that it was alot quieter than even her own collections were. just left yearning for more as i know what magic she is so capable of. of course,i'm certain she had her limitations too. she probably wanted to also get back into the atelier and start using her hands again.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tess Giberson has been important to the evolution of Tse," Augustine Tse, founder, president and chief executive officer, said in a statement. "We appreciate her contribution to the company over the past two years. We respect Tess' decision to focus on her own line and wish her the best of luck."

Giberson had put her own collection, which launched for spring 2002, on hold when she joined Tse in 2005. She worked at Calvin Klein before going out on her own.

Tse brought in Giberson partly to step up the wovens segment of the collection in order to complement the knitwear for which it is best known. She initially joined to oversee women's wear, but her responsibilities quickly expanded to include Tse men's wear and accessories.

"It was a great experience...but it was time for me to move on," said Giberson, who is expecting her second child next month. "When I closed my own line, I always knew I wanted to return to it, and I felt like this was the right time.

"With my first baby, I went to Tse, with the second one I want to relaunch my collection,'' she added. "Babies bring about good change."

Giberson said she plans to take time to focus on building a strategy for her future company, put together a business plan and meet with potential investors. "My goal is to have a collection for fall 2009," she said. "But I want to do it in a very structured and organized way."

As for Tse, the fall 2008 runway show during New York Fashion Week has been withdrawn. Giberson's final collection for Tse will instead be presented at the company's showroom on Feb. 5. Tse is expected to announce a successor soon.

"We realize that the strength of Tse lies in supporting and developing talent who continue to contribute to the brand's strengths," Tse said in the statement. "We will continue to seek out new talent and to support the growth of Tse as a leader in knitwear and as a fashion resource."

Attachments

• 17Etse.jpg
    17Etse.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 96
gah...she seems like she is in such a happy,beautiful place in her life and career and i cannot be anymore enthused for her. and its so great that she did this,garnered herself a nice income-presumably-that hopefully will contribute greatly to her comeback and the structure of her label. she really deserves all of these good things because frankly,she's america's greatest underrated talent,imo.

boo...that was one of the only shows i looked forward to and one of the only sample sales i cared about...

:(

glad i got a bunch of stuff when i did...
but now i wish i had gone to the sample sale this season..:ermm:...

they should give the job to isabel toledo, haha
shes too talented to not be working :(

oh, i thought she was wonderful at tse :cry:
but i am excited to see her own line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"