American Eagle Outfitters

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
Okay, okay.

Before anybody dismisses this thread, let me just say - each season American Eagle carries a plethora of crap I don't care for (long plaid tunics? NO). But also each season, they have a few very cool pieces that I like. In fact, I had several items on my Christmas list this year from AE (and got all of them).

AE is good for laid-back style if you're out of your college years.. their Fall collection included some great form-fitting (read: flattering) plaid/flannel tees, something I'm always in search of.

My newly acquired pieces:

AE Plaid Double Weave Shirt ($39.95:(

1354_5151_600.jpg

AE Snake Flat (on clearance for $14.95)

4411_1322_221.jpg

AE Cadet jacket (on clearance for $39.95)

1455_7965_001.jpg

I'm so very fortunate of them for thinking about short (and long, x-long, regular) people in their jean sizes. They fit to an absolute tee though I'd recommend going down a size or two seeing they seem to have more of the relaxed and larger fits. Best jeans I've tried yet - wash well and lovely quality without having to bang too much for a buck :heart: I think I'm wearing a pair now tbh... :P

The only thing about AE is that I will only buy sale items. Sometimes for the quality, it's just blasphemy. But, much of their sales are awesome. It's the clothing that I like most, but I do get so :angry: when the eagle logo is easily visible.

[Whoah, I forgot to credit my photos.. a rare misstep for me at The Fashion Spot. :wink:

Photos are from ae.com. ]

papa levante, first of all, love your avatar. :heart:

And yes, I only purchase items from there at sale. But I do find their button-downs to be of decent quality..

ElleLesley, yes, their jeans are great! They have the ONLY jeans that fit me properly. Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic are out of the question (the hips are always too big on me), and I most always refuse to spend high dollars on jeans. Levi's are okay. The majority of my jeans are from AE, if not simply for the fit... They have some darker jeans, so as long as the wash is right all is right in the world with me.

I don't have anything against AE but I prefer it over stores like Hollister and Abercrombie, and I noticed not everything article of clothing they have is stamped with whatever animal they have as a logo. I don'tve really shop there often, but I sometimes like to take a look on their site's clearance sections because they do have good sales and their items go on sale really quickly. I like their jackets/coats since they actually fit me (I have trouble finding stuff like that since I'm petite), so I tend to buy those only. Everything else is okay but not a must-have, especially not at full-price. I don't like their jeans, they fit strangely on me and look bad. Weird. For some of my friends though, their jeans fit great.

^ Yes. As far as the jeans go, it really depends on your overall shape. Some of my friends LOVE Gap jeans and will wear nothing else. I cannot wear them - they make me look terrible and are ill-fitting on me.

I dropped into American Eagle today, since I have gift cards. Saw a bunch of crap, like usual - crap, as in the majority of what's in there is simply too young for me. But I saw some more cool plaid shirts... that's about all they have going for them this season... Here's one I saw that I fancied:

0357_5206_808.jpg

(ae.com)

I haven't shopped at AE since highschool but I must admit that I still wear my tank tops from there and my peacoat I bought years ago is in almost perfect condition. I just never to think to shop there anymore however next time I'm at the mall I'll make sure to pop in.

Love that cadet jacket you posted Erin :flower:.

Their jeans have no stretch, and that's what makes them unbearable to wear.

My brother has a shirt with an anchor and a mermaid and it says "Surrender The Booty." (Get it?) :P And there was no "AE" or "American Eagle" or an eagle on it. Now, it's stamped on everything! It's really annoying and tough to find something without the eagle on the corner. :judge:

^ That's true.. the eagle is a bit annoying.. but at least on some of their items you have to search for it, or it's the same color as the fabric it's on.

And papa levante, I actually LOVE that some of their jeans have no stretch. I am SO SICK of stretch! 100% cotton is what I love. I have a pair of jeans that I spent $60 on in high school - I thought it was a lot - and I still wear them today - 9 years later. They're 100% cotton and NOT low-rise.

Party Vixen - thanks. :flower: I had a navy blue peacoat from AE that I really loved. However, when my fiance and I moved from Florida to LA last year UPS seemed to have lost the box that held all of my coats. :( Lost my Anne Klein wool coat and my beautiful AE peacoat that fit perfectly. :(

I just posted this in the shopaholics thread. AE is having a great clearance sale on its site.
I just bought this plaid coat for $69.00

34fihpe.jpg

ae.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a really pretty, feminine floral top from AE several weeks ago for around $10.. I was so crazy about it that I wrote a blog entry on it. :ninja:

22.jpg

ae-floral-ruffle-cami-ae-com.jpg

(pennyla.com, ae.com)

^I love that! It's so perfect for spring. I want one. It'd look good under an open cardigan too.

^ Oh, absolutely! I bought two of them at the Glendale Galleria on clearance. They're available on their website now for $14.95: http://bit.ly/abTVj9

I remember when they first came to our city, everyone was wearing AE. I think American Eagle has some great pieces here and there but I find them to be rather overpriced for the most part. I try my best to wait until their stuff goes on sale. I also find their jeans aren't very flattering on my body. No matter what the style and wash, they make my thighs look huge :shock::lol:

^ AE jeans are the only ones, in the lower-retail end, that fit me correctly. All depends on your body shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->