Amy Winehouse to Do Collection with PPQ

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Grazia Reports....

We've just discovered the singer is teaming up with PPQ to create her own fashion range. ‘There have been talks with Amy and we are now in the first stages of the project,' Amy Molyneaux, one half of PPQ design duo, told us at the Mulberry Romance Partyhttp://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashio...arty-beat--getting-romantic-with-mulberry.htm ‘The range will be all about high-end statement pieces, inspired by Amy's style. For example maybe an amazing piece of jewellery like a bracelet or a dress. It's going to be distributed online, we are going to be providing all materials and doing the design, but Amy will definitely be involved in the creative process. It will be very different to Peaches Geldoff's line for PPQ as that was more of a diffusion line - this will be a homage to Amy's look.'

I didn't know Peaches did anything with them. Anyway, I can understand the connection between the two as PPQ definitely fits with Amy's aesthetic. It seems more like they are using Amy as a muse and a bouncing board for ideas, so I think the title of the thread is a bit misleading. As they say, Amy's not designing just involved in the 'creative process'.

another tidbit from wwd:

Amy Winehouse’s lifestyle choices might be a little questionable, but it seems the singer remains in the good graces of the fashion industry at least. Confirming British press reports, sources said Winehouse is working on a fashion line with London label PPQ, designed by Amy Molyneaux and Percy Parker. The line with Winehouse will launch later this year. And though Winehouse — who’s recently been snapped cavorting around the Caribbean — may seem a controversial choice for a fashion plate, PPQ is no stranger to London’s hard-partying set: Last year, the design duo launched a line with outspoken “It” girl Peaches Geldof.

and let's not forget rei kawakubo was inspired amy winehouse for her spring 09 so it's not out of the realm of interesting possibilities. i mean she does have quirky taste and like meg said PPQ's aesthetics are very fitting for amy's image and style. i'm not a fan of amy winehouse but i do think,at least for the pop star she is,she has her own tastes and isn't dictated by a bunch of stylists in that respect.

yeah she does have a specific style but I think that the thing about Amy is that it's mostly her make-up and hair that gives her that specific look she has .. it's what makes her iconic, she once said that a real star shouldn't remind u of someone else and with her it's very true..

however clothingwise, her style is very meh

so her doing a clothing line will be.. well I'm very curious to see what it will look like.. and as Meg said, she might not be designing anything at all

^^^^ ITA.

Amy is known for her beehive and tattoos. Her clothing is meh but i like her shoe choices.
But i wonder how much of this will be rehashing what she already wore or her actually putting down pen to paper to create new stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->