Anna Sui F/W 2024.25 New York

i always see the odd few pieces & looks i like in her collections, but never do i think i want or like it all. the styling is always too busy. anyhow, in this case the few pieces i like are in the #2 post.

It’s probably her best collection in years…Decades?
But I do have the same question as @jeanclaude ! Is there really a customer for this and we are totally unaware of it?

I think if she gave her clothes a more grown up Biba treatment and less school girl, her brand would be far more successful. There is a market for that dark Biba glamour after years of having minimalistic Phoebe Philo like clothes saturate the market.
I think that if her price point was a lot lower she would really have something on her hands. 1k for a skirt that looks like vintage rag is a non starter in 2024. If we could bring that price to like 395 it would be way better - If not still expensive for - again - what looks like Clueless limited edition doll clothes.

I liked the first part of the collection - the 20s viewed through the 70s - which has always been a classic Anna Sui look. She's always had a niche audience in Japan and HK, actually. But I think that customer base is ageing, and hence her business has somewhat faltered in recent years.

I think that if her price point was a lot lower she would really have something on her hands. 1k for a skirt that looks like vintage rag is a non starter in 2024. If we could bring that price to like 395 it would be way better - If not still expensive for - again - what looks like Clueless limited edition doll clothes.
She makes most of her bread via her makeup/fragrances but Lola would know more but honestly this brand has been very obscure for the past 15 years or so, it had a lot of buzz in the 90s. I remember her shows always had great casts pre 2010.

What books are featured behind the model!?!? They seem more interesting than whats in front

I liked the first part of the collection - the 20s viewed through the 70s - which has always been a classic Anna Sui look. She's always had a niche audience in Japan and HK, actually. But I think that customer base is ageing, and hence her business has somewhat faltered in recent years.
she's also stayed strongly attached & true to the 90s which is why i think you're right about the ageing customer base. but i also agree with scotty that this is one of her more coherent collections in a while. two parts, day/evening, but with a throughline

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->