Anna Sui Sample Collection Stolen in NYC

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Published: Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Anna Sui Sample Collection Stolen in NYC
By Marc Karimzadeh

NEW YORK — A significant portion of Anna Sui's spring 2006 sample collection was stolen late Monday afternoon as it was being loaded into a truck for the Fashion Coterie show.
The theft took place at Eighth Avenue and 39th Street, where the truck was positioned. Typically, the company would have parked the truck in front of its headquarters at 250 West 39th Street, but because the area was teeming with vans and dressing rooms for the filming of "The Devil Wears Prada," Sui executives decided it would be better to move the truck down the block.

The lion's share of the stolen merchandise was from Sui's February delivery, which is the first for spring and typically the designer's largest of the season. Pieces from the March, April and May deliveries are also missing. This was the only sample collection. It was to be presented in the designer's showroom, at the Coterie and in Paris early next month.

Now Sui is left scrambling to reproduce the samples, and Pellegrino conceded that it will be nearly impossible to re-create many of the pieces at such short notice. However, he said: "I think there are ways to show the collection. Efforts will be made to show it with line sheets we have and swatches of fabrics. We also have the tape from the fashion show that depicts the looks."

excerpt from wwd.com
:doh:

It must be quite devastating to see so much of your hard work just literally vanish into thin air....did the thieves have good taste,or do you think they're going to come up with reproductions even before her show has aired?

Sick...it's like art theft.

Me as a tailor student I only can think about the poor people who make the clothes! The tailor, the dressmaker, the cutter and pattern maker... now they have to make most of the clothes again and have very little time :ninja:

god, this must be devastating for her! how can people do something like this??

:shock: How sad!!! Why couldn't they have stolen something that sucked ... :P

Yes, if Ralph Lauren had been stolen and then mischeviously replaced with last year's items that would have caused a dilemma...

PrinceOfCats said:
Yes, if Ralph Lauren had been stolen and then mischeviously replaced with last year's items that would have caused a dilemma...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Perfect example, that would've probably caused no problems at all. If anyone noticed they could say helpfully, "It's just your generic Ralph Lauren sailor-themed stuff ... you know."

^ :lol: :lol: :flower:

Horrid about the collection being stolen :( What an awful thing to do to someone: to steal the product of their ideas, creativity and hard work.

WEll it's not like anyone can wear it...hopefully ppl will reconise that it's her stuff... And I'm sure they'd be keeping an eye on Ebay!!!

That's outrageous! It's sad that the stuff will now be sold at rock bottom prices, way less than what they're worth.

that's extremely upsetting. people have no respect!

so, did it start showing on ebay yet? (hehe, sorry its kinda funny..but my heart out to all the hard work thats gone down the drain)

well last year someone stole 4 dresses from my Uganda fashionweek collection!

wouldn't the patter cutters still have the patterns though? So just the fabric would need to be sourced, and then all the items reproduced.

Regardless, big loss for her. I always enjoyed anna sui because I thought she was a very reasonably priced designer

what a terrible thing to happen to a designer, i couldn t find one of my pattern pieces last week and i thought my whole world was crashing down, i can only imagine how Anna must feel. but am sure she s gonna pull it off at the end. good luck to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceUponAModel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->