Another Rumor: Aguilera loses Clothing line deal!

Mr. Fabulous

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]AGUILERA LOSES CLOTHING LINE DEAL [/size][/font]

LATEST: Pop star CHRISTINA AGUILERA has lost a licensing agreement to launch a new clothing line, after publicly berating her peers who do just that.

Bosses at European licensing company BASIC BOX have announced they're terminating a deal to manufacture and market a line of clothing under Aguilera's name, after the singer's recent comments in an interview.

Aguilera said, "I just think it's so tacky. I have always thought that it's one of those things that just makes people look like they don't know what to do any more."

Basic Box bosses have already admitted they were puzzled by the comments, but now they've confirmed they're dropping Aguilera altogether.

A spokesperson says, "Obviously we are extremely disappointed. We had genuinely believed since coming to this licence arrangement with Christina at the end of last year that we were going to be able to put out an extremely successful range of clothing and accessories under her name.

"We had understood that she was completely behind the project so, not surprisingly, her comments came as something of a shock. Basic Box has already invested considerable sums in the project and in the light of her comments we had no choice but to terminate the agreement immediately."

Meanwhile, Basic Box bosses have instructed a top media firm to bring High Court proceedings against the company providing Christina's services in order to recover damages.

17/03/2005 21:27

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/aguilera%20loses%20clothing%20line%20deal

Oh god I love it when something like this happens.....it gives hope that even celebs can't get away with hypocrisy.

yeah if she did say those things, as much of a fan that I am of hers, she deserved it! which kinda surprised me because it was so dumb of her to say something like that.. but then again it's not something she would say.

just to clear some things up too..

"Most of these sites are NOT reliable sources, they are not from official word source of interviews/comments. Nobody knows when/where Christina Aguilera made that comment but it suddenly appeared in a tabloid spreading quickly to others. Ms. Aguilera had no intentions of releasing a clothing line but was in talks with execs for releasing a Lingerie line last May 2004."

i can't stand christina. remember her makeup line "fetish"? i didn't think so. neither does anyone else...so please, chrissie, no clothing line, spare us!

Orchide said:
i can't stand christina. remember her makeup line "fetish"? i didn't think so. neither does anyone else...so please, chrissie, no clothing line, spare us!

Yes I can't imagine how awful it would be to walk down the street and see women dressed like Christina :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
a$$less chaps, sketcher sneaks- oh my!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikirin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->