X-Tina to launch her own clothing line

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Christina Aguilera to launch her own clothing line

March 15, 2005, 11:56:59

Christina Aguilera is reportedly set to launch her own clothing line - despite recently slating celebrities who do the same thing.

The 'Dirrty' singer, who previously said it was "tacky" for stars to bring out their own clothes range, is said to have agreed a multi-million pond contract with UK company Basic Box to use her name on their products.

But her comments didn't go down well with her new employers as they believed she was contradicting herself.

A source told Britain's Daily Mirror: "That's a very strange thing to say when she's got her own range coming out.
It annoyed a lot of people who've been working really hard on the clothes. Dealing with Christina has been very difficult, but the she signed the contract."

Earlier this month, Christina blasted celebrities for bringing out their own clothing line and said she would never dream of launching her own clothing line as she believes it would look like her singing career was over.

She said at the time: "I just think it is so tacky. I have always thought that it's one of those things that just makes people look like they don't know what to do any more."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/29802004.htm

---

X-Tina you hypocrite! :angry:

What makes it funnier is that she blasted people before on that...
:lol:

Now, talk about credibility. So I guess that's she's tacky and has nothing more to do, according to her OWN description.

Can't wait to get the buttless chaps!! :D :rolleyes: Just kidding, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddamn.. what's this world coming to. I wonder what the line will be called. Gutter Trash, perhaps? :D

I think this will be the absolute tackiest thing since J Lo line... and THAT SH*T was TERRRIBLE!

NO, PLASTIC! The JLo stuff made me laugh my *** off! :lol: Especially those grandpa pants that come up to the models boobs! :lol: And that hideous huge floppy hat... Good fuel for my bonfire. :D

Kimkhuu said:

Now, talk about credibility. So I guess that's she's tacky and has nothing more to do, according to her OWN description.
I totally forgot about that! Wasn't that like, a month ago she was up on her soapbox.

Jeez, this is quite possibly THE worst fashion trend ever!

Kimkhuu said:

:rofl: exactly :lol:

OMG! I really thought this was a joke at first cause yea, we just had a thread about her knocking everyone else:o

What did she say?... Something about celebs not knowing what else to do so they fall into their own clothing line:lol:

This is awesome...hopefully now no one will take her seriously...not that they would have anyways.

And yes, can't wait to see some dirrty chapsB)

Kimkhuu said:

EXACTLY!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We don't possibly know which rumor is false and which 1 is true. These are all from gossip sites and no word from a credible source has appeared. I think it's very lame for her to say something like that then release one, It's not something Christina would do.. she's smarter than that.

I find it very strange that she would make such a ngative comment and then go and do it herself. It seems TOO stupid.... :blink:

I wonder how it is that celebs that consistently end up on worst dress lists wind up with their own fashion lines.
I don't think that this happens anywhere else, if someone cant read and write well, do they get a book deal? If they sink like lead in water, do they join the olympic swim team?
I find most of the celebs that do have collections to be fairly boring and uninspired in the way they dress, obviously just followers of trends, its strange that just because you can follow the obvious trends people seem to think you are stylish.
:huh:

Consequences!

Aguilera dropped from fashion label for 'tacky' comment

March 18, 2005, 12:42:28

Christina Aguilera has been axed as the face of a British fashion label - after branding celebrities who had their own clothing range as "tacky".

The 'Dirrty' singer had signed a multi-million dollar contract to promote the clothes for Basic Box but after her comments livid bosses decided to drop her and may even sue for damages.

A Basic Box spokesman is quoted by Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: "Following Christina Aguilera's negative comments in the media regarding celebrities who bring out their own clothing labels, we have terminated the licence agreement.

"We are extremely disappointed. We thought she was totally behind the project so her comments came as something of a shock."
Company bosses say they've invested a huge amount of time and money into the range and believe the damages could run into "several million dollars".

Despite signing her deal with Basic Box, earlier this month Christina blasted celebrities for bringing out their own clothing line and said she would never dream of launching her own clothing line as she believes it would look like her singing career was over.

She said at the time: "I just think it is so tacky. I have always thought that it's one of those things that just makes people look like they don't know what to do any more."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/30282004.htm

---

Ah I bet they just made that up - the Boss of the company must have seen one of X-Tina`s Videos and came to his senses... :rofl:

thats what she gets, maybe if she would have never turned bad none of this would have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->