Anthony Vaccarello F/W 2015.16 : Amber Valletta by Inez & Vinoodh

That damned text.... just the logo would have sufficed.
Happy to see Amber though.

Don't like it. reminds of Natasha's facial expressions (worse) in her current Isabel Marant campaign.

Don't like the model choice either.

This wont cell
She looks like a skinny dude .. It might be confusing for people

BTW that logo is amateurish

This is bad!
Amber Valletta and Vaccarello... I feel like he got her because of his Versace connection.
The Versace cast was more Vaccarello and Amber is more Versace.

dont like this.... too much musculine radiance. It didnt flatters the brand at all:doh:

I don't like it and I'm a Vaccarello fan so... Amber looks bad and that styling isn't really helping. I would go for that text, just because it's hiding a big part of the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
amber just doesn't have the right attitude for this kind of styling. she just can't express that "cool" vibe.

I'm happy for Amber, but this is crap. The logo still ruining everything. Change it, please.

She's scary! And this blue text doesn't help. I was thinking it will be much better campaign, especially with Amber.

Most photogenic model, only her can add that sinister vibe to make this more interesting

Too much text ruins the whole campaign, but i'm glad to see Amber.

Ew. This looks more like a magazine cover than a campaign and Amber doesn't look too good either here...

Gross. I'm mad about Amber, but her expression is awful. That's just the tip of the iceberg, this campaign is quite vile. She looks like a man.

i don't mind the logo it's just..this isn't very vaccarello?? it looks masculine and i hate that about it

It's not about advertising. I want it to show people the vision of my collection,” said Anthony Vaccarello of his new Fall campaign, debuting exclusively here. Starring Amber Valletta dressed in a suede bomber jacket, star-print blouse, and high-waist, skintight jeans, this vision of Vaccarello’s femme fatale is quite different from the cut-to-there minidresses from his Fall 2015 show. That’s not to say it isn’t sexy. Even if she’s more covered up than a typical Vaccarello vixen, Valletta is as smoldering as ever, showing a dressed-down, more casual side to the brand.

Below, the designer talks about his inspirations for the Inez & Vinoodh-lensed image; his aspiration; and what his boss at Versus, Donatella Versace, really thinks about his namesake line.

After two seasons of ads starring Anja Rubik in micro miniskirts, why did you want to change direction and feature Amber Valletta in a more tomboyish outfit?

I really wanted to show the other version of the collection, something more evident, more conventional. It’s the idea of my girl: At night she will wear maybe my big eyelet star dress, but during the day I want her to be soft, boyish, and strong. I didn’t want to show big showpieces in the campaign. I really wanted to focus on Amber Valletta and the clothes.

Is it still sexy to you?

I think it’s sexy in another way. It’s still sexy for me because it’s another vision of the brand; it’s a part that will always be in the collection, that kind of boyish attitude. With Amber, we wanted to tell the same things but in a different way—just to catch the purity of Amber because I was so happy to work with her, and I didn’t want to change her. She came to the studio like that and I wanted to have her in the campaign as she was in real life.

How did you choose the pieces she’s wearing: the shirt, trousers, and jacket?

She can have the power with the trousers and the bomber jacket and very close shirt, but you can see in her attitude that she has the power. That’s what I want to say with this campaign.

Was choosing those items a conscious decision to be more commercial or appeal to a customer who maybe doesn’t want short skirts?

I didn’t want to do it in terms of commercial or something like that. I don’t know if the girl who likes my brand will buy the trousers or the jacket because I know that they’re always attracted to dresses or skirts or something more particular of my style, but I really have that desire to dress—not more girls—but with more pieces. To have more coats, more jackets, is something I really, really want to do. I don’t want to be just skirts and dresses, to just be the designer that makes the white dress for Anja; I want to be able to do more than that.

How did you come cast Amber?

It was always a dream [of mine] to work with her because she was in my memory from the ’90s and all the things she did then. Before the shoot, we talked with Inez & Vinoodh about who we wanted to shoot for the campaign, and I said her name by accident, and it just happened she said yes and my wish came true.

Do you see your work at Versus and your own brand being complimentary or different in any way?

I didn’t want to separate it because what I do for Versus is very me. In a way, when I’m working for myself, it’s true that I want it to be maybe more Parisian…for myself, it’s more in the details and more in the laboratory, and for Versus, it’s more about playing with codes and the history that they have. In a way, I think they are the same girl; she plays with both brands.

I know your woman is always about power and strength—who are some of the women you consider muses who inspire your designs?

I’m always designing for my friends. I’m very lucky to dress them, like Lou Doillon, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anja, and now Amber Valletta. I always think, when I’m designing a collection, of that girl whom I know, if she would wear it, how she would wear it. I have no necessary desire to dress someone whom I don’t know. I have to meet that person to be able to design something for her.

Do you ever get feedback from them about the collections?

They always try to push me. Charlotte is about a short skirt; Lou is more about Jackets. Anja is more about trousers. They always tell me what they like.

What about Donatella Versace—does she say anything about your work at your brand?

Donatella, she’s amazing, she loves everything! [laughs]. I’d say she’s more like family, in a way. You know, your mother doesn’t really give you feedback, she always likes what you do. But I know that when she really doesn’t like it, she will tell me, but now she’s like, “Wow, it’s amazing.” She’s super-sweet.

You need to get her in one of your star dresses!

Yes! For sure.

http://www.style.com/trends/industry/2015/anthony-vaccarello-fall-2015-campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->