Anthony Vaccarello S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
10665544_793174390726551_1442863960_n.jpg

Instagram/brendlv

The latex WordArt is also quite horrendous.

I still like his shirt-sexy skirt combo that made his collections so successful. But he kind of forgot his aesthetic in this particular collection. I strongly dislike any lettering or logo prints on anything. The printed tshirt worn in the first look was a warning that turned out to be valid. What's up with the huge A's in the end? The dresses are worked in interesting ways and I like some of it, but even Versace was better at making their logo printed/ applied on everything look more desirable than this. There's also an overall feeling of a strong Alexander wang inspiration which is a "-" from me.. He should stay true to his cool diagonally slashed super sexy skirts and dresses that put the A in Anthony Vaccarello.

I'm kind of disappointed. I loved his last two collections. This doesn't quite compare. Some cute pieces but as a collection, it's lacking.

Oh, look, a collection that completely dates itself right from Look #1! This is terrible. The WordArt is... a bad idea, I'll leave it at that.

He always does fall collections better, at least in my book. This street style look is so outdated and shouldn't be done anymore.

hate that he used that lettering, why?! :( i am disappointed by this i think it's the only collection of his i haven't really liked

^Yeah me too, I'm usually a sucker for his collections but I'm not wowed by this one. There are some pieces that I like, but that's about it. I especially don't like those grey ensembles and the blue printed ones, the fabrics look cheap to me.

Sad to see him dialing down the extreme sex-appeal which is the only thing that set his brand apart from the rest, considering he is not talented elsewhere.

It feels very gimmicky and basic, nothing we haven't seen before. It's basically watered down designs that shouldn't even be presented on a runway. Also, what happened to the supermodels, low budget?

Some of it's not bad but he really lost it with the tacky writing :yuk: definitely preferred Versus...guess he poured more energy into that collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->