Aquilano and Rimondi Out at Gianfranco Ferré

I will not lie ... I am very concerned with all collections in S/S 2012

I'm not exciting with anyone collection SAAD, really SAAAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the moment I saw this thread, I immediately thought that John Galliano needed a new job. Maybe it's too soon, but I do think that Ferre is something that has the possibility of working out for him. I don't think his chances are too big atm, though.

Actually, the moment I saw this thread, I immediately thought that John Galliano needed a new job. Maybe it's too soon, but I do think that Ferre is something that has the possibility of working out for him. I don't think his chances are too big atm, though.

i don't know. while i can't quite line up the sensibilities of john galliano with that of gianfranco ferre, something tells me that his recent foibles wouldn't ruffle the feathers of his new corporate owners in the same way they would the top brass at lvmh. also, someone like the paris group could easily acquire and market a brand like john galliano when one looks at the other brands they have in their portfolio.

I hate Italian fashion generally BUT I really appreciated their work.

It's such a pity ...

John Galliano could take over as Creative Director at GIANFRANCO FERRE
23 May 2011

After his scandalous departure from DIOR, British designer John Galliano is in talks with UAE based Paris Group which bought earlier this year the Italian house of Gianfranco Ferre. The hypothethis is even more likely given that the GF Ferre line is produced in licensing by Ittierre Group, today owned by Albisetti, which also produces in licensing the ''Galliano'' diffusion label.

cpp-luxury.com

^ That's literally just facts they've strung together matched with an attention-grabbing title.
As wonderful as it would be to see if Galliano could re-invent another fashion super name, I can't really imagine it happening with such a gamble on the outcome and the reception.

If the sales weren't that great I don't see how bringing in Galliano in his state right now would improve them

More from the rumor mill.
A longshot but I like this idea better than Mr. pastel-satin-and-drag-queen-makeup.

Rumors: Elie Saab for Gianfranco Ferré

After the death of Gianni … the expulsion from Paradise of Aquilano and Rimondi, another scourge could strike at Maison Ferré: Elie Saab with its lace, the pebbles and his thirst changing the art direction. From the series: there was to be expected given the origins of the new Middle Eastern owners. An unconfirmed creepy like a bag of ostrich. Hopefully it is just one of many rumors … Elie Saab? Teo Mammuccari And why not?
Sounds like it was badly translated from another language.

http://www.foolinfashion.com/rumors-elie-saab-for-gianfranco-ferre/

:lol: "bag of ostrich"

Elie Saab is an awesome man, he'd be perfect B)

If the sales weren't that great I don't see how bringing in Galliano in his state right now would improve them

Maybe it's not (initially) about sales? Galliano at any brand right now is controversy, which means publicity for that brand.

To me this swap seems absolutely pointless. Unless Aquilano and Rimondi were desperate to leave, why didn't Gianfranco Ferre keep hold of them until they someone press-worthy could come available.
i.e. Haider Ackermann who may as well have designed the latest collection, though I daresay may have injected some colour into it.

More rumors... Why not Madonna for Ferré!

I swear by God not to look any further topic of rumors, this causes me distress -_-

Aquilano & Rimondi are great designers, they are better off gone, tbh.

Oh, and I want Prabal for Ferre

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, valliaddict i think better, Avril Lavigne at Abbey Dawn is amazing, why not her for Ferré.

^^^because she is too busy creating top quality music (hey hey you you, I don't like ur girlfiend) :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->