Frida Giannini: out at Gucci?

agreed...
shiny skinny pants only work on someone who is pre-pubescent with no hips...
or an adult with an eating disorder or a drug habit...:rolleyes:

(can you say kate moss....^_^...)

:innocent:...

so studio 54...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in an interwiev with Giannini when she became in charge of accessories that she wanted to bring back some old classics and also see the Gucci woman created by Ford changed a bit. More 'hard'... so maybe this is what she is thinking with the clothes too. It'll be interesting to see what she does.

Gosh. Too much transition. I think they should have kept Tom Ford, but don't hate me. :ninja:

Um, Facchinetti left? When? Why?I usually don't like to try to follow the fashion drama, as there is sooo much, well, drama:blink: , but this one is interesting. ..:P

metal-on-metal said:
I just hope they move on from those awful skinny satin pants they've been pushing since Tom Ford left. These women interpret the Gucci legacy with an awfully heavy hand. I'm not expecting too much from Giannini.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about those pants either, but I fear that Frida is going to erase the sexiness associated with Gucci...I didn't like the resort collection at all. It was like Gucci meets Ralph Lauren/Michael Kors. It lost its European edge.

KhaoticKharma said:
Um, Facchinetti left? When? Why?I usually don't like to try to follow the fashion drama, as there is sooo much, well, drama:blink: , but this one is interesting. ..:P
seems she was let go right after her second collection for the house of gucci was shown... :ninja: :rolleyes:

this is the first season with giannini...if we don't count resort...
and i obviously don't ...
because it isn't a full collection...and there is no show... :D

:wink:

KhaoticKharma said:

According to Financial Times she left in March :
A promotion in March saw Giannini move from accessories and women's ready-to-wear as Tom Ford loyalist Alessandra Facchinetti was ousted. Her first line of Gucci bags - adored with floral prints - was a commercial hit, sending sales up by a reported 20 per cent. But depending on whom you ask, the new embossed leather bags are either tacky tat or return to tasteful elegance
from Who's got the power by Lauren G. Crowe in FT supplement : Business of Fashion

KhaoticKharma said:

According to Financial Times she must have left around March :
A promotion in March saw Giannini move from accessories and women's ready-to-wear as Tom Ford loyalist Alessandra Facchinetti was ousted. Her first line of Gucci bags - adored with floral prints - was a commercial hit, sending sales up by a reported 20 per cent. But depending on whom you ask, the new embossed leather bags are either tacky tat or return to tasteful elegance
from Who's got the power by Lauren G. Crowe in FT supplement : Business of Fashion

She's going to either try too hard and fcuk it up or be a little clueless and pull off something amazing. But can women successfully run fashion businesses? This is going to become an increasingly important question over the next few years, I believe, certainly in NY fashion schooling where Parsons last two designers of the year have been chicks (but then again, the ration of men to women is about 7:3). All eyes are on Chloe & Prada & Kawakubo, of course, and Rose Marie Bravo at Burberry, though she's on a different floor from all the fabric minions. But it's an interesting point that Gucci has advanced two women after Tom Ford...Can an unknown have the chops to deal with Tom's sorely missed and obviously spot on Cocaine Glam-our?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->