Are Guitar Pick Earrings Still In?

ebyokuri

Reaction score
I'm not one to follow the fashion trend (I dress to the beat of my own drum) but I'm wondering if people are still into guitar pick earrings. Actually, I've never seen anyone in my city wearing them....but I think I live in a hick town. I've seen some really good ones that I'm going to try and recreate. I've been to soooo many stores trying to find embellishments but I can't find those little mini records that I've seen on earrings so I learnt how to make them. :D

recordcharmears003S.jpg

Guitar pick? I guess that's what we call a plectrum where I am. Tatty Devine makes rather fine Chicks On Speed plectrum earrings.

never realised plectrum earings were in or out!

although i did make some for my friend and she wears them all the time. oh how i do love to make things!:blush:

I personally don't like them, it's the shape. They're very Dior, but the tiered charm earrings are overused. Right now Im partial to super slim and long earrings.

The rock influences on the earrings though are very Chanel, and if you want you can say that they are Chanel. They're alright, but like PurpleLucrezia said, you can make them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it goes with your style wear them.

If you are a little edgy, It can be cool.

If I had to I would wear just one of them in my ear.

Even though, I personally dont like them, enough to wear them myself:D

Kinda 80's to me. Since I was a victim of fashion then.. I avoid the decade at all costs. :lol:

But if they are your style.. wear them anyways.. who the hell cares what anyone says.

I'd have to agree with Luna (the 80s thing). But if you like them rock them. :smile:

thanks for your input. I can be edgy one day and classy the next and then sometimes I mix it all up. depends on what I feel like in the morning....

btw, I am new to this site. I'm overwhelmed at how much info there is. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
ebyokuri said:
I'm not one to follow the fashion trend (I dress to the beat of my own drum) but I'm wondering if people are still into guitar pick earrings. Actually, I've never seen anyone in my city wearing them....but I think I live in a hick town. I've seen some really good ones that I'm going to try and recreate. I've been to soooo many stores trying to find embellishments but I can't find those little mini records that I've seen on earrings so I learnt how to make them. :D

recordcharmears003S.jpg

sorry if I'm being stupid, but did you actually make those yourself? either way, I think they are cool

urd said:
sorry if I'm being stupid, but did you actually make those yourself? either way, I think they are cool

NO, I haven't made them YET. I found the pic somewhere and I'm going to copy it. I plan on making other styles too with different charms, guitars, lightening bolts, etc. Like I said, the hardest part is finding those little plastic records so I learnt how to make them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->