Art-Inspired Editorials / Photographs that Look Like Paintings

A couple by Miles Aldridge from marekandassociates.com not sure what paintings they look like, but they have a painting vibe.

19553B.jpg

E4B24B.jpg

7F72A2.jpg

9424A0.jpg

wow, i absolutely love and adore this thread, this really made my day. it's wonderful, good job everyone posting pictures. I'm amazed! I especially like the ysl/manet one! I study art history myself and have found a few of celebrites looking like some old portrets, would that be ok posting or is it modelpics only?

ok :smile: this is not beautiful as the model pics/paintings you guys posted, but it is quite funny though

i was a bit amazed, and a bit disturbed, that John Singleton Copley painted a portrett of Jack Black in 1790....

revere.jpg

5831_jackblack.jpg

(credits siska.fi)

^ credits to 24hoursmuseum.com and Allposters

The "Jack Black" one (which really is a portrait of Paul Revere from the late 16th century), always makes me laugh :D

wow im realizing where photographers get their inspiration..^_^

wow you guys are really observant! this is such a beautiful thread! :smile: Loving the comparisons :smile:

Incredible contributions everyone!!!! :woot: :heart: :flower:

This comparison doesn't work too well, but I see a similarity, or at least both works remind me of each other :blush:

Arthur Hughes, "Fair Rosamund" (1854)
Source: www.kimbellart.org

NGV_Hughes.jpg

Vlada Roslyakova in Italian Marie Claire
Source: www.jedroot.com

marieclaire-ital-0605-02.jpg

^^ Besides the reading girl, the feeling really was there... I just luuv that pic!

yogini108 said:
wow im realizing where photographers get their inspiration..^_^

yes, they definatly do. just one more from me to illustrate just what you said. still not amazing and beautiful model pics, but a funny and obvious comparison...

Edvard Munch, "the Scream" (1893)
credit to munch.museum.no

munch.scream2.jpg

and

_38040328_homealone.jpg

credit to BBC

enough for me ruining the thread about model pics..(just got inspired cause of the essay on Munch that i'm currently writing :P . Keep those lovely model pics coming:flower: . really feeling the vibe between the reading painting and pic you posted tiffany.. it is nice with some that are not obviously inspired/copying a painting, but still has the same feeling :D

eword said:
very very beautiful thread! :clap: :clap:
I especially like free reintrepretations of paintings, more than explicit and litteral referring.
this is awesome:
yvessaintlaurentpicnickatemoss.jpg

I SERIOUSLY need to know where this image came from! i'm going to use it in an essay, but i need a source for it other than this forum. i've looked everywhere and can't seem to find ANY information on this image.
PLEASE HELP!!! any info would be greatly appreciated.
karma to you all

p.s. i love this thread!!!

dread - the yves saint laurent logo is in the bottom right corner... :lol:

i know it's Yves Saint Laurent, but I can't find any other information on it. I've done a lot of searching and it's just a really hard image to find. I'm wondering what year and season it is from etc. etc.

well kate moss did rive gauche campaigns in '92 and '98..
and from that ad, its definately a A/W collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->