some of the techniques above plus photograph

post398.jpg

other work of embroidery threads on photograph

Last edited by a moderator:
fabrics and threads

images from asamikiyokawa.com

image7fm.jpg

runner, the images you are posting are all too large. Please do not post images wider than 800 pixels.

Also you have not written the source of the images in most of these posts. Please let us know what the source is or they have to be deleted.

Thanks

I thought the details are the vital point here. so intentionally hosted the images in those sizes although I could post them in attachments.
and as far as I know, up on the page they are automatically resized. you can make them bigger more easily clicking on the top than on attachments.
just thought that's the best way for this work.
as I wrote, images are from asamikiyokawa.com

ouh my these are gorgeous! Lovely colors, textures, mix of materials. I adore these! Such harmonic and beautiful effects! I'm in loooove

Wow, this is incredible! It's the first time I see something so distinctive... It's different, but super aesthetically pleasing :woot:

I thought the details are the vital point here. so intentionally hosted the images in those sizes although I could post them in attachments.
and as far as I know, up on the page they are automatically resized. you can make them bigger more easily clicking on the top than on attachments.
just thought that's the best way for this work.
as I wrote, images are from asamikiyokawa.com

hi runner, thanks for introducing this artist :P

The width of the images is alright --(these rules usually apply to D&C forum, but I'll see.. It might be the automatic resize feature doesn't work on some browsers.)
Anyway the real problem is the size of the images.They are more than 2 MB each. Some of the members here don't have high speed Internet. So I've converted them into thumbnails for you

Here are the other two I deleted by accident ^^

thanks gius for your constant service to us first of all. I mean it.
I understand you have been trying to make things as good as possible. and I've also trying to do so with what I can.
as I said, I had thought it might have been the best, all things considered. I considered there are people who might take some time to download the images in those weights.
but you cannot fulfill all. so I did it that way, on the premise that those who visit this section of art & design of their own will and are interested to see the work of each artist would prefer the quality of the images and how easily the images can be seen ( minimum clicking etc) to how fast the whole page anyway downloads and thereby the necessity of opening a new window for each image and being removed to the irrelevant site and finding themselves confronted with the unnecessary ads that appear suddenly.
if this was about fast food or celebrity stuff or something, or if there were really lots of heavy images to post, I'd have to give priority to the speed. but at least if I'm in a gallery space for some little exhibition, I'd pretend to forget about time. I'd like to have a leisurely time there.
even if it's not my cup of tea after all, I would not think it was totally a waste of time. it might be just me though.
anyway want to say it's not like I didn't think about the rules and the members with low speed internet.
and also gius I didn't want you to take your precious time in converting the images all the way for me, to be honest.
I'd rather delete all, and then just post the link to the artist's website from which the images are.
but the explanations about each piece of work on her website are in japanese. and it's all in flash and there are devices which may disturb the pure appreciation of the work itself. so if there is any meaning of extracting the images in jpeg from the site, starting a thread, posting and seeing the work there, I just thought I'd make use of it to the full.

the two images in #11 belong in #6, they are work of fabric and thread

asamikiyokawa.com

btw, these images are originally tiny.

Attachments

• 080730_02.jpg
    080730_02.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 080730_03.jpg
    080730_03.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 080820_06.jpg