Audrey Tautou to play Coco Chanel in new movie

i also see coco as the anna wintour type... anyhow , i'm so excited about the film ^_^

Audrey is too sweet and cute... for some reason I always imagine Coco Chanel as the Anna Wintour type.

I second that.I mean she seems too cute/mousey to play the charismatic character that Coco seemed to be.

I have to admit I can't stand Audrey Tautou, so that's one film I'm going to miss if it's true.

I can only assume she fits because of the physical similarities, that of Coco Chanel. Otherwise this should be interesting. I've never seen a film with Audrey where she wasn't just "cute"

lucky actress
if she does a good job, she'll have as much free chanel as she likes for LIFE

how exciting.
from her biography chanel seemed much more regal than tatou
but i'll hold my reservations a little while

It will definitely be interesting to see Audrey take on a less cutesy role... I imagine she'll transform herself more sincerely than a generic hollywood actress.

Well, Audrey has the petite gamine thing going for her, so in that way it's an obvious choice (though she has far more attractive features then Mlle. Chanel)

As for being able to become the woman who paved the way for icey, bitchy, power-women the world over....nothing's impossible.

Hum I wonder if in the movie theyll include her affairs and stuff .. Coco's life is soo interesting ... I so want to see a scene when she opens her Deauville boutique ...

PS Audrey is perfect ... but yeah .. Gabrielle was very opinionated ... I so want to see her talking as Mlle Chanel about how horrid are knees!

Well, Audrey has the petite gamine thing going for her, so in that way it's an obvious choice (though she has far more attractive features then Mlle. Chanel)

As for being able to become the woman who paved the way for icey, bitchy, power-women the world over....nothing's impossible.

I agree with you and kiki and those who say she seems a bit cutesy for the role. But I love Audrey and think that if she pulls it off it will definitely broaden her repertoire. I'd go see it. And i definitely prefer her to Demi (even though I used to be a fan of Demi before the Striptease days) or any other Hollywood actress.

Great news! I hope the lovely Audrey can pull off Miss Chanel`s stern character :flower:

Did Coco Chanel look like an elf? I've only seen pictures of her as an older woman and I'm not sure what she looked like young. Audrey Tatou is very small and cute but elf-like :smile: I would watch this movie Seems like it could be a good choice

lol, you made me laugh so hard, you're funny,
i think she will make an excelent job

that is SO awesome! I love Audrey Tautou, and she always pulls off the coolest roles.

I can't wait :clap:
I think Audrey can give a marvellous performance, and I'm so glad it's a French actress!

can't wait to see it either! i always wondered why there wasn't any movie on her life...

I am so excited! It just so happens I am watching Am[SIZE=-1]élie right now. I really hope she does a good job!
[/SIZE]

wow...something to look forward to...

:woot:.

sounds like a VERY exciting project with EXCELLENT casting!...
not really familiar with he childhood and early years before he fashion career began so this will be very interesting....
seeing where she came from and how she got to where she did...

*seems odd that it hasn't been done already in a way

wondering whether it is going to be in english or french?...
:ermm:..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->