Chanel On Film Again

farou7a

Reaction score
HOT off the back of Audrey Tautou, Anna Mouglalis is the next French actress to play Coco Chanel in the latest biopic "Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky." The film focuses on a more melancholic part of the designers life including her tragic love affair with composer Igor Stravinsky. Mouglalis, however, has controversially described the legendary couturier as a misogynist.

"She is recognised as a huge feminist, but most of the things she did, she did for herself and not for women in general," said Mouglalis. "I would even push it further, thinking she was more of a misogynist than a feminist, since she only had male friends."

Mouglalis has had first hand experience of the going-on's at Chanel, having previously modelled for the label. The actress offered high praise for the brand.

"Chanel is one of the only fashion houses that doesn't exploit women," she said to WWD. Mouglalis added that for Coco, "eroticism was the little piece of skin between the glove and the sleeve."

Karl Lagerfeld is yet to be impressed by the new film commenting that the role "has no relation to Mouglalis' talent for other roles." Mouglalis remains unphased.

"It's a lot for someone who [Lagerfeld remembers] as full of humour to be shown as cold and dark," Mouglalis remarked.
vogue.com

Attachments

• anna mouglalis.jpg
    anna mouglalis.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
isn't this one out already? I'm just confused by all the Coco's that are out there.

I don't know anything about Anna, but she seems like a strange choice to play Coco, as she looks nothing like Coco.
I and had no idea that Coco and Stravinsky were lovers at one point. I knew they were friends, but I thought that was it.

^ I read somewhere that they were lovers.. APPARENTLY he had more of an impact on her than Boy did..

I still havent seen this one one though. I hope they show a less uptight Coco in it :smile:

This one was out a while ago. I watched it in January of February I think! It was pretty good and Anna fitted so perfectly the character. But according to IMDb.com, it's only out right now in USA

Yeh I hadent even heard of it till i read about it..

I cant wait to see it!

Still haven't seen the film with Audrey, however this does sound like it could be good. I like how it will focus on Coco's relationship with Igor, although I can't really imagine Anna playing her.

Haven't they already made two films about Coco Chanel?

One starring Shirley McLaine and the other starring Audrey Tautou. How many do they need??

yesss ^ they have.

but then again, there were many aspects of her life..

^I can't imagine who they'd cast to do justice for a man as totally epic as Karl Lagerfeld.

so mabye he should play himself XD he would be very happy doing that for sure XD

Coco & Igor Stravinsky

WHEN costume designers Chattoune Bourrec and Fabien Esnard-Lascombe, otherwise known as Chattoune & Fab, were presented with the challenge of designing clothes for this summer's most stylish film, Coco & Igor Stravinsky, they felt the pressure - until the pair were offered the help of Mr Chanel himself.

"Karl [Lagerfeld] has an inspiration cupboard where he keeps little prized vintage tokens - not all of them Chanel - but just special little finds that he uses to help him. He opened that up to us and said 'Help yourselves'. It was incredible," Chattoune told us. "Anything we didn't have the budget for he helped us with - like the gold buttons we used on Coco's pyjamas and the occasional feather. Of course there was a huge pressure as we had to seek the approval of the house of Chanel with every sketch we drew but we enjoyed the challenge."

Unlike Audrey Tautou's insouciant gamine look, as seen in Coco Before Chanel, Anna Mouglalis' version of the world's most famous designer is seductive and altogether more grown-up.

"Ourselves and the director wanted to show a sexier, more powerful side of Coco," said Chattoune. "We wanted to show her temper and I think the way she dresses in this film reflects that. By this point in her life, Coco was very successful - she had money and a shop and could afford to buy nicer clothes."

How did the pair begin their research?

"We read and looked at every piece of documentation we could find from that era," they said. "We studied a lot of old Vogues too and looked at Coco's original drawings. We also had to consider where Coco was at that point in her life - she was a widow and naturally would have been dressed in black. After we finished our research we went to Chanel to compare our findings."

Chanel05_V_3August2010_Pr_320x480.jpg

vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->