Avery Blanchard

I hope Avery will show up in London. I missed her on the runway in New York!

I'm betting on a Prada and/or Miu Miu exclusive...

Does anyone have any clue where she is? She had several showcards, but she's clearly skipping this fashion month. It appears she was in NY during castings, and even in London for a bit, possibly (according to her IG). Any speculation on her disappearance?

DUSK TO DUST
Interview Magazine
By CAROLINA ORRICO
Photography SEBASTIAN SABAL-BRUCE

Published 04/25/16

interviewmagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pretty clear what happened actually. The question is whether she'll be able to bounce back from it, both personally and professionally.

THE NEW GIRLS
PHOTOGRAPHY FELIX KIM
FASHION NICK NELSON

IMG IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS CURRENT ROSTER OF SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERMODELS, BUT THEY'VE GOT A STRONG CROP OF NEW GIRLS, TOO. PAY ATTENTION: THESE FIVE LADIES—PEYTON, LAMEKA, HYUN, MADISON, AND AVERY—ARE SOON TO BE SPLASHED ACROSS NEWSFEEDS AND NEWSSTANDS ALIKE

vmagazine

I think it's pretty clear what happened actually. The question is whether she'll be able to bounce back from it, both personally and professionally.

Could be any number of things (speculation for another thread possibly...dunno?) Look forward to seeing her continue to fulfill her great potential :lucky:

There are a variety of possible reasons she didn't show up... I don't think the Gucci "controversy" would've kept her from walking shows... she could've had an exclusive that fell through... or booked other work...

There are a variety of possible reasons she didn't show up... I don't think the Gucci "controversy" would've kept her from walking shows... she could've had an exclusive that fell through... or booked other work...

Plus, Gucci controversy came after fashion week

what are you guys talking about? can someone enlighten me in pm maybe please?

what are you guys talking about? can someone enlighten me in pm maybe please?

The Gucci Resort campaign was banned in the UK - well Avery & Madison's shots anyway...
http://fashionista.com/2016/04/gucci-cruise-campaign-banned

... but the campaign came out after fashion week(s) were over, which Nostalghia pointed out... and it was far fetched speculation anyway (at least as far as I was concerned)

Personally I have no idea what Umero meant by " think it's pretty clear what happened actually. The question is whether she'll be able to bounce back from it, both personally and professionally." ... I can't think of anything obvious and it doesn't look like anyone else here can either... honestly I think, that unless Avery, her mum, or her agent, decides to chime in we'll likely never know why she didn't walk...

Whatever did or didn't happen she's young and still working and I'm sure we'll see her on the runway again soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this has been happening with a lot of models recently, and certainly exemplifies the current climate of the industry. Girls have a fantastic season or two, then take an inexplicable break from the runways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->