Baby Phat...Talley Tells All...

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
excerpt from wwd...

TALLEY TELLS ALL: It was not a great start to fashion week for Vogue’s André Leon Talley. At Baby Phat on Saturday night, his first show of the season, Talley was refused entry at the door moments before Usher and his entourage had no problem getting in. “It was out of control,” he said at the Tracy Reese show Sunday. “It’s just not about the clothes anymore, it’s all about a party now. I don’t see how they can expect a professional to go all the way downtown on a Saturday night and get treated that way. I will not go [to another Baby Phat show] unless it’s at the tents and it’s at 7 p.m.” After a “brisk bodyguard” told him to wait on line with the other show revelers, Talley left and found refuge at Zac Posen’s showroom, where he saw a preview of the fall collection. “At least I saw fashion, and at least I got in.”

:lol: :innocent:

not surprising at all. afterall, we are talking about baby phat. :sick:

That sucks, and shows how out of control celebs at shows has gotten. It probably wasn't Kimora's fault, but still- that's not cool.

Oh please! She's just as much as celeb snob as anybody.

As for Talley,I don't why he would even be so fret about it. Its not as if she was capable of making good clothes to start with. To me,it sounds like just another Talley hissy fit because he wasn't the one being treated as royalty.

ALT the fashion potentate

I have been witness to ALT's royalty routine and his indignation if not treated as such so I agree that's what we're reading- a huge bitchy hissyfit from ALT over not being recognized by kimora's goons. But the baby phat show IS known for some of the most intimidating & heavy-handed security.
I think we all know that zac posen is a designer & kimora is not but actually ALT is so in love with zac he should try to check his endless ***-kissing and try to maintain a sliver of critical distance- since he IS a journalist & proclaims himself a working professional.
and besides kimora, face it EVERY NY designer fawns over celebrities & puts them front row & tries hardest to get them to come- so while Usher may be among thye most egotistical of all, its not like kimora is the only show with celebrity courtesies- EVERY show has celebs that are seated & later bragged about. so ALT is really objecting to his specific treatment at kimora, at other shows He's the 1 kissing celebrity ***, hes as fawning and obsequious an ***-kisser to celebs and designers as they come- as long as that person is on his 'good' list. [meaning kisses ALT's *** back, like posen.] so mucy for objective journalism

Last edited by a moderator:
vert.kimora.lee.jpg

"I SUCK!"

You know,you raise a valid point lady grey. Isn't he always,ALWAYS swooning over grimace-face Renee Zellweger? I stand by comment though as well as your feelings that he was just throwing another hissy fit because they weren't beckoning his every move.

God,I hate fashion hierarchy!

I don't get what's so great about Baby Phat clothes anyway. Too trashy. I'll bet Paris Hilton is a big fan.

In my mind, she'll always be a Heatherette girl, colorful fun skanky...Baby Phat is too urban skank...excuse me, I don't even know what I'm talking about but I just don't think she's a Baby Phat girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
makes sense

actually I agree with you.
I too far prefer the heatherette 'messes' to the baby phat 'harlots.'
and harlot is a more polite euphemism than many would use to describe kimora's 'aesthetic/vision.'

lady grey said:
I have been witness to ALT's royalty routine and his indignation if not treated as such so I agree that's what we're reading- a huge bitchy hissyfit from ALT over not being recognized by kimora's goons. But the baby phat show IS known for some of the most intimidating & heavy-handed security.
I think we all know that zac posen is a designer & kimora is not but actually ALT is so in love with zac he should try to check his endless ***-kissing and try to maintain a sliver of critical distance- since he IS a journalist & proclaims himself a working professional.
and besides kimora, face it EVERY NY designer fawns over celebrities & puts them front row & tries hardest to get them to come- so while Usher may be among thye most egotistical of all, its not like kimora is the only show with celebrity courtesies- EVERY show has celebs that are seated & later bragged about. so ALT is really objecting to his specific treatment at kimora, at other shows He's the 1 kissing celebrity ***, hes as fawning and obsequious an ***-kisser to celebs and designers as they come- as long as that person is on his 'good' list. [meaning kisses ALT's *** back, like posen.] so mucy for objective journalism

I think that he was trying to say that this celeb designer relation has gotten out of hand. I haven't heard of any major editors being asked to leave (maybe having their seat moved) because of a celebrity. Even if he is throwing a hissy fit, they should know who he is. I would compare it to a PR person asking Anna Wintour to leave.

Also, it's my guess that this PR person was clueless and didn't know who he was...which is sad:innocent:

security & insecurity

LostInNJ said:
I think that he was trying to say that this celeb designer relation has gotten out of hand. I haven't heard of any major editors being asked to leave (maybe having their seat moved) because of a celebrity. Even if he is throwing a hissy fit, they should know who he is. I would compare it to a PR person asking Anna Wintour to leave.

Also, it's my guess that this PR person was clueless and didn't know who he was...which is sad:innocent:

if the celeb/actress thing has got out of hand then ALT shouldnt put anymore celebs on the cover of vogue. fat chance.
actually actresses ARE sat 1st row for exposure & editors and lower ARE sat further back. its just space/crowd/seating dictates.
it was a security guard who didnt know ALT & Ive seen him throw a fit with my own eyes when he wasnt treated like louis XIV. if you cant tell hes shockingly pompous and pretentious then youve never seen ALT in action.
i respect a lot of his fashion eye & taste but like many am repelled by his self-important and clubby elitist ***-kissing.

who cares that he wasn't recognized at "low class" Baby Phat...its not like he was going to do a feature on Baby Phat for Vogue!! :innocent:

Call it bitchy if you will, but when any fashion show lets Usher and his goons in before a fashion editor (and a reputable one at that) the editor has every right to b*tch. This is FASHION week and I'm all for ATL's self imposed ban from Baby Phat, it's about time someone said what he did and I can hardly fault him for that.

lady grey said:
if the celeb/actress thing has got out of hand then ALT shouldnt put anymore celebs on the cover of vogue. fat chance.
actually actresses ARE sat 1st row for exposure & editors and lower ARE sat further back. its just space/crowd/seating dictates.
it was a security guard who didnt know ALT & Ive seen him throw a fit with my own eyes when he wasnt treated like louis XIV. if you cant tell hes shockingly pompous and pretentious then youve never seen ALT in action.
i respect a lot of his fashion eye & taste but like many am repelled by his self-important and clubby elitist ***-kissing.
I would like to point out that it's not Andre who chooses the cover person so as for that he's hardly guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->