Balenciaga F/W 2003.04 New York

All I can say the pallette sugested from Nic for fall is just perrfect!

i personally think Nicolas Ghuesquire loves to make his women look like a female version of wild biker boys from "On the water front", which is not bad at all, ( at least so much better than his high-waist light denim from previous season, which was horrible even on tall skinny models. :x )
but i'm not sure if i'm liking the shrunken looking ill-proportioned ( deliberately perhaps?) biker jackets and some not-so-flattering details, surely they looked "edgy" on the runway and perhaps in magazine editorials, but "edginess" doesn't always equal to "good design".

I do, however, applaude Ghuesquire for his consistency of sharp tailoring and love for simple, fluid sillouettes in somber colors such as black and mossy green ( very consistent from his last season work.) i am so loving the little black A-line short dresses with knee high boots look that was almost everywhere this season.

surely they looked "edgy" on the runway and perhaps in magazine editorials, but "edginess" doesn't always equal to "good design".

"Edgy" seems bad. :x :lol:

I think what makes Ghesquière come up w/good designs is that it's mainly his own. I'm so weird when it comes to fashion though. :oops: I like my designs to be either simple(Calvin & Narciso) or complicated(Ghesquière & Hussein).

surely they looked "edgy" on the runway and perhaps in magazine editorials, but "edginess" doesn't always equal to "good design".

"Edgy" seems bad. :x :lol:

I think what makes Ghesquière come up w/good designs is that it's mainly his own. I'm so weird when it comes to fashion though. :oops: I like my designs to be either simple(Calvin & Narciso) or complicated(Ghesquière & Hussein).

Astrid, totally agree on Calvin & Narcisco ( i'm so in love with Narcisco's design...i have to work for him!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: )

not too sure about Hussein though. he's a genius for sure, but i'd look ridiculous in his clothes. :grrr: i like Helmut Lang and Azadine Alaiia cause they look very simple yet require complicated patterns and cutting to achieve that look.

Astrid, totally agree on Calvin & Narcisco ( i'm so in love with Narcisco's design...i have to work for him!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: )

Congrats!!! How I envy you. :mad: :wub: :D Let me know how it goes, I'm interested in Narciso, he seems like a nice guy. :wub:

Congrats!!! How I envy you. :mad: :wub: :D Let me know how it goes, I'm interested in Narciso, he seems like a nice guy. :wub:

thank you, sweetie, i have to see though. not final yet. ( he doesn't have in-house pr, so if that's the case--meaning if the company has any opening--which i don't know yet--i'll work for the very pr firm that represents both Balenciaga & Narcisco Rodriguez! i'll literally in cloud nine if that's ever the case!

yes, what i heard is Narcisco is such a nice man, a soft-spoken gentleman.
wish me good luck!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :wub: [/b]

complete collection...style.com

100093469ub4.jpg
100093471wj2.jpg

100093472kk7.jpg
100093473hx6.jpg

100093475ea8.jpg
100093474ca7.jpg

^^^ thanks for posting!! :wub:

I love Ghesquiere's early work. It was avant-garde but wearable and not too quirky!

Perfect!

Why did he show in New York though? :unsure:

^^^ thanks for posting!! :wub:

I love Ghesquiere's early work. It was avant-garde but wearable and not too quirky!

Perfect!

Why did he show in New York though? :unsure:
He did that twice actually, I think this particular collection coincided with the opening of the NY boutique.

I've always loved the boots from this collection, they're pretty killer.

I probably have a better appreciation of this collection now than I did back when it was shown. I particularly like the first segment of dark a-line pieces and bubble skirts. The skirts in particular were gorgeous, they had this insanely complex pleating that you can just barely make out in photographs.

this is one of those collections i wasn't enamoured with at first...it seemed a bit too disjointed, but then i saw it in person and there is so much detailing there...
i have one of those pleated skirts from the first set, and it's still looks fabulous now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"