Bally Fall 2004

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionweekdaily.com :heart:
Milan Review: Bally
Toughening up

Friday, February 27, 2004

THE LOOK: Three seasons ago, Bally decided to stop producing fashion shows.  The Swiss company’s expertise is in accessories, after all, not ready-to-wear—why not do a presentation instead and give press and buyers an up-close inspection of all that hard work?  In the end, everyone is better off.  Bally saves the bill on a fancy show and we get to lay our hands on the shiny shoes, belts, bags, boots, marveling at their detailed beauty.  For their latest collection, we loved their crinkled rounded toe D’Orsay pumps, cotton sateen car coat lined in shaved mink and the flattened caramel purse, which was cross-dotted in miniature gold studs.  But best of all: the pieces showing Bally’s new tough attitude.  The toes of pointed stilettos were wrapped with tiny buckled straps and flattened totes in worn leather resembled motocross jackets. 
J.J. MARTIN

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
thanks for the pics. they were smart to stop with the fashion shows. i love those green loafers. and the brown shoes look so sophisticated and tough at the same time. really cool how they did that. B)

I like those brown pumps, but I think they would be sleaker in black...

It makes sense to tighten its belt if Bally needs to and focus on its hot sellers. But I miss the shows. Fall 03, Spring 02 and Spring were memorable. Fall 03 in particular with Maja Latinovic and Jaime Bochert powering down the runway all in black against that read background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->