Balmain F/W 2018.19 Paris

My eyes!

I was even getting bit of a Givenchy Spring 2012 with the first few looks ie mermaid-chic crap.

There are some great individual pieces but I definitely see the Viktor Rolf, Versace inspiration in it.

I do feel like Olivier needs a totally new direction.

If you want to see iridescent clothing done well, go see Sies Marjan's collection. This is not good.

I don't like this collection at all.
Nothing is desiderable.

You can really tell he's just run out of ideas. This is just the same typical silhouettes and styles in different and ugly fabrics. If you look past his cast of top models who make his clothes look so much better than they actually are, it's just a complete mess.

It’s bad but somehow there are some really nice individual pieces for once.
He is so heavy-handed that any good idea he can have will be ruined no matter what.

The Decarnin-like pieces are disastrous.
The excess is trying to hide the lack of ideas. He should go back to what he did in his earlier stuff. It is still more modern today than this attempt to be modern.

The neon yellow pieces don't work for me but I secretly loveeeeeeee the metallics and the monochrome stuff towards the end so.............. :unsure:

There's a fine line between futuristic glitter-fabric/ material (think Paco Rabanne) and high-end wrapping paper. To me, some outfits here fall under the latter definition. And the whole thing gets a little melodramatic when the designer himself comes out in a glittering, striped sweater.

There's a few nice looks in this collection for sure, and pieces can be styled apart to form a very nice outfit. But collection-wise, I'm too confused to like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->