Balmain Mens S/S 11 Paris

The leather jackets remind me too much of the Member's Only jackets from the 1980's...just a bit more stylized and detailed.

The bondage camoflauge pants have been done by other designers over a million times before.

Regardless of the high pricepoint....weather it's 2 thousand dollars or 2 cents.....I wouldn't sacrifice ANY amount of money, for this.

I'm not really a fan of Balmain so it isn't a surprise that I don't like the collection
nothing unique

balmainspring1.jpg
balmainspring2.jpg

balmainspring3.jpg
balmainspring4.jpg

balmainspring5.jpg
balmainspring6.jpg

balmainspring7.jpg
balmainspring8.jpg

credits:
thefashionisto.com

Balmain is such a joke.
It is literally overpriced cheap clothing with (sometimes) expensive textiles.

I don't see any ~design~ in any of this.

I'd so wear it all, I do actaully, Christophe Decarnin has raided *my* closet *again*. Plagiarism. :rofl: But I want this anyway. I just need to marry someone rich enough so I don't have to care about prices. :rolleyes: Which aren't as bad as their womenswear's, but whatever.
Just don't know about the first leather jacket, the details do look a bit too forced. But whatever, when I'm stinkin rich I'll get it anyway. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
i do like this, don't get me wrong. its nothing too special, this looks like my current wardrobe. but part of me immediately wants to hate it because it's just ridiculously overpriced. mind you, not as much as the womens clothing... but still..

his look is probably the most copied though by fast fashion retailers. i swear it was balmain for h&m at the mall today.

Um, aren't those the exact same jeans that we've seen for each Balmain Homme collection for the last two seasons?

^this label is just about selling. that's what makes the clothes look so soulless. don't like it.

once again, i have to stand as the lone defender of balmain, but it's my lot in life i suppose. i just love how so many so-called fashion folk in this forum manage to form an opinion about a collection that hasn't even gotten posted yet. this collection represents the strongest outing for balmain menswear to date reminding me of much of hedi slimane's heyday at dior homme. sure, the stuff isn't the most groundbreaking stuff in the menswear world, but the proposition he's making for silhouette for men aggressively pushes forward a look not many have the gonads to pull off. and this outerwear remains the stuff that fashion dreams are made of....

00080m.jpg
00200m.jpg

00220m.jpg
00270m.jpg

gq.com

just went through the collection at GQ.com and I found this collection to be very strong and edgy Balmain men. I kinda see the point of we can see these anywhere else, but there's the cut and styling and the feeling of luxe the really shine over the collection. I actually like this a lot but when the price tags come along. I must just turn my head around. Still, it's very well-built collection.

I actually like a lot of it. I'd wear it, if it just wasn't that expesnsive. But this is very cool.

I don't like it, even if it wasn't outrageously overpriced.

I don't see why you would need much bravery to wear these looks. It's not like Damir Doma and his exuberant volumes, or head-to-toe neon look from Jil Sander; I'd be very happy to wear this! The high-street chains don't need to 'alter' the items to make them wearable/sellable; exact copies will do the trick just fine

What refreshing or risky new silhouette is Balmain proposing? People in Japan and Hong Kong have been dressing like this for years and years now. With clothes that cost a tenth of the Balmain prices. I don't see design as much as I see simple styling. Decarnin sells to fools who have no idea how to dress themselves.

When people buy Balmain nowadays, it's for the name and not for the actual design. It's the new Louis Vuitton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->