Balmain Pre-Fall 2021 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Dec 15, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

4. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Is it me or the monogram look like a Givenchy logo knockoff? As for the clothes, it's a little bit tacky, gaudy but it's fun. It's fit Olivier personality and his clients.

He clearly need a better accessories team because those bags are hideous.

5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Who buys Balmain bags?
    Who said to Olivier that the world needed the revamp of an old monogram?

That being said, there are some great pieces but between the styling, the questionable accessories and the busy background, it's difficult to pay attention to the well cut pants or beautiful skirts.

6. entten

entten Active Member

I like it. nicer silhouettes than in his previous collections. yes its tacky but less tackier than the last collections. I like this high end tackiness.
    The shoulders are much better here, actually exactly like the Decarnin ones and not so overly pointed.

He does great silhouettes, the skirts the pants the mini dresses. And I like the knit cardigans and blazers and the preppy looks. I also like the baby pink and baby blue looks. I would cancel the heavy mini lace dresses. or he has to adjust the silhouettes. they look really tacky like turkish party evening designer dresses

7. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

The ice-cream colour palette is giving me diabetes.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Bad as usual, more restrained but it still doesn't make much sense as a whole. From look 1 I was already bracing myself for the monogram avalanche but I didn't anticipate it would be so headache inducing.

Most bags look like some freeby you'd get with your Elle subscription but the Toblerone bag is definitely among this year's most hideous...

jeanclaude likes this.
  9. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

Their jackets are more better brandmark.

That being said, there are some great pieces but between the styling, the questionable accessories and the busy background, it's difficult to pay attention to the well cut pants or beautiful skirts.[/QUOTE]

He needs someone who should tells to him it is too long and you should stop. He has good ideas pertinent for his customers, but alwyas he makes this same mistakes.

perfect blue likes this.
  10. fakeawake

fakeawake Active Member

I think it's commendable Olivier manages to have a distinct look but he could keep all this.

The Balmain logo fabric looks like fake givenchy print 100% I'm shocked nobody realized this?

yes there are a few good looks here and there but they've already been shown before and if I was the balmain customer I would already own it...

11. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

I actually like this as a whole. There are a few misses but it's a confident collection.

It's better when he pulls back a bit on the outlandish silhouettes. The monogram/logo pieces are the worst and bring down the entire thing. It's very Malibu Barbie from the Simpsons designed for Balmain.

His customer will love this and it's nice to see him return to that structured mini dress silhouette.

Well done.

12. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Nobody does tacky quite like Olivier. Even the way the lookbook is shot gives me a headache.

jeanclaude likes this.
  13. ToniToni

ToniToni New Member

He knows his clientel. Not hating the detailed mini dresses (reminds his first years at Balmain) or some of the more tailored pieces. That's clearly something he's good at and overall not his worst collection for Balmain (ofc it's pre- so who cares). But after that, it's a mess. It's too polished for my taste and think it could use the little edge from Decarnin's era sometimes.

His accessories department need stronger designers, because that tacky Givenchy-esque monogram ain't gonna save it. I'm sure the elite from Eastern Europe or Russia will fall for this. Not to forget the hypebeasts of course.