vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Womenswear:

VOGUE.COM

Menswear:

VOGUE.COM

The womenswear looks like Demna's Balenciaga f*cked Ghesquière's Balenciaga and this is the demon child they created, while the menswear looks like Saint Laurent circa 2019.

Very experimental as is the Olivier Rousteing way.

Some cruise looking clothes and some interesting cuts on the jackets and mini dresses.

I will not deny, I do have a soft spot for him and wish him well, I hope he does find another creative outlook on designs though.

Klaus Nomi goes to 80s Miami Beach...cardboard couture!

mb-klaus-nomi-106~_v-HintergrundL.jpg

www1.wdr.de/

somehow prefer the menswear than womens wear. they atleast look like real clothes than folding fans attached on humans.

I really don't mind this. I'm a huge fan of pairing black and white prints with pastel solids, but these proportions are very camp almost cartoonish.

I think he could refine it into something more timeless if he wasn't so concerned with social media antics.

He did the Miami thing in his early days at Balmain. It looked better…
There’s this complexity in Olivier’s work and his constant desire to do excess on excess while not mastering the Art of being subtle. A lot of pieces are beautiful in the womenswear and in the menswear but each look is like a battle of strong pieces against ridiculous accessories and weird proportions. Why can’t Balmain simply deliver a sexy pair of shoes?
Why the styling is that approximative?

In a way, he has moved on from the expected tropes of sexy dressing but his work would be better if a certain lightness was infused.

He struggles with lightness. This collection for him is a featherweight.

I feel like so many designers are overstimulated and depressed (much like everyone else) these days so they resort to making the most ridiculous things possible to actually feel something. Precipitating with this ijbolian look 1 and subsequent short stumpy wide hip wide shoulder jackets?

Its giving Stuart Vevers for Coach, his graduation collection which we all hated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->